• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Starting Quests: Two Page Preview for Dungeon of the Mad Mage

WotC's Nathan Stewart has shared two pages from the overview of the upcoming adventure, Dungeon of the Mad Mage, as a reward tier for his Extra Life charity fundraising efforts. This two-page spread shows a section on adventure hooks and starting quests.

WotC's Nathan Stewart has shared two pages from the overview of the upcoming adventure, Dungeon of the Mad Mage, as a reward tier for his Extra Life charity fundraising efforts. This two-page spread shows a section on adventure hooks and starting quests.

dotmm1.jpg
dotmm2.jpg

"Thank you to everyone has already donated to [Extra Life] you are so amazing. Together we have raised over $123k thru the D&D team so far. As a reward for the very generous weekend of donors on my page here is a 2 page preview spread from Dungeon of the Mad Mage." - Nathan Stewart.

The book will be a megadungeon that runs from Level 6-20 that details 23 different levels to Undermountain each with their own feel and theme, along with a full detailing of Skullport. It's stated in the video that running the module with weekly sessions will take at least eight months. Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage will be out November 13, 2018, with an MSRP of $49.95.

machineelf

Explorer
Love that art. I was a little worried about how this book would come together, but reading these pages makes me feel better and more excited about it.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Pimple-faced teenager carrying what looks like a wooden sword into Undermountain? Perhaps the title of that art should be "Feeding time at Undermountain"... :)

Satyrn

First Post
Interesting.

For my megadungeon campaign I set up starting quests like the hunt for magic items. On top of the cash, selling the item also nets XP.

I also set up XP rewards for being the first adventurers to map areas . . . and actually return the map topside to The Cartographer. This one is actually meant to the primary method of gaining XP, since monsters are worth only a quarter of their listed XP.

Aiden_Keller_

First Post
Interesting.

For my megadungeon campaign I set up starting quests like the hunt for magic items. On top of the cash, selling the item also nets XP.

I also set up XP rewards for being the first adventurers to map areas . . . and actually return the map topside to The Cartographer. This one is actually meant to the primary method of gaining XP, since monsters are worth only a quarter of their listed XP.

Agreed.

Remove ads

Remove ads