Online Mini Shopping?

Terry Edwards

Well it finally happened, all the local game stores have closed so now I must turn to the web for my miniatures needs. Can anyone recommend a good website for buying miniatures? I buy a lot of Reaper so their site is an obvious choice but I like to dabble in other fine metal minis too. So I'd like to minimize shipping charges by going through one retailer rather than individual manufacturer websites. Please, any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

pogre

Legend
Hi,

Sorry to hear all of your shops have closed.

I have two pieces of advice for you:

1. Do not order from NEW WAVE GAMES - their bad reputation was earned!

2. I order on a regular basis from discount hobby. Excellent service and they carry the full Reaper line. Most of the figures carry a 20% discount too.

pogre said:
1. Do not order from NEW WAVE GAMES - their bad reputation was earned!

2. I order on a regular basis from discount hobby. Excellent service and they carry the full Reaper line. Most of the figures carry a 20% discount too.
I'll second both of these. And I'll even post it again: DO NOT ORDER FROM NEW WAVE GAMES!

Last edited:

JoeGKushner

First Post
I've ordered from discount hobby and the warstore with no issues. If you're willing to call your credit card company after 45 days and complain that no product has been sent, new wave is actually okay but it takes way too much time to mess with that stuff for my taste.

Flynn

First Post
www.d20books.com

Guys,

I personally would recommend www.d20books.com as they've always given me great, reliable service. They cover everything from Minis to Books to Dice and more. What I think is very cool is the Proxy Trading services they offer for the randomized D&D Minis. (In essence, you pay for a certain minimum number of boosters, and they will mix and match minis from other people using the service to insure that you get a complete set, and still get to keep the extra minis from your purchases.)

Hope this helps,
Flynn

Painfully

First Post
Fantization has some of the more high end and hard to find minis and materials like Hasselfree minis, and Hudson & Allen forest litter (tiny leaves for your bases). Their customer service is excellent. :cool:

pogre

Legend
Painfully said:
Fantization has some of the more high end and hard to find minis and materials like Hasselfree minis, and Hudson & Allen forest litter (tiny leaves for your bases). Their customer service is excellent. :cool:

I'm glad to hear that! I have been tempted to order from there many times.

Remove ads