Arguments That Never Die

Henry

Autoexreginated
Darn -- 15mm? I doubt I'll be buying any of this. If it were 25mm World War 2 squad figures with the same paint job quality of the D&D minis, I would have been all over this.

But having a bunch of 15mm tanks, AA, and infantry I don't see a need for for myself. However, some friends of mine (who made a vastly scaled up Axis and Allies involving a 4-foot by 8-foot map and thousands of paper counters) would have SO loved to see this innovation 10 years ago...

Roudi

First Post
Why do people get up in arms about new products as though they are somehow going to ruin the games that are already out? Collectible Axis & Allies figures are not going to stop people from playing the traditional boardgame. Personally, I'm glad to see some prepainted WWII figures.

Emiricol

This looks pretty cool actually. And I'm a fan of 15mm for miniature wargames, so that works for me as well. Can't wait for some preview pictures to come out...

Captain Tagon

First Post
Emiricol said:
This looks pretty cool actually. And I'm a fan of 15mm for miniature wargames, so that works for me as well. Can't wait for some preview pictures to come out...

For real. I'm so pumped up for this I just headbutted my dog. Wait, wrong reference.

Dextolen

Community Supporter
I want to see the minis before I judge. Not so crazy about 15mm but how could they realistically package a 25mm King Tiger in such a way that you couldn't detect it based sheerly on the weight of the package?

Ranger REG

Explorer
Henry said:
But having a bunch of 15mm tanks, AA, and infantry I don't see a need for for myself. However, some friends of mine (who made a vastly scaled up Axis and Allies involving a 4-foot by 8-foot map and thousands of paper counters) would have SO loved to see this innovation 10 years ago...
15mm tanks? Is that equivalent to a 1/285 scale or 1/72?

I miss my wargaming days.

MonsterMash

First Post
15mm is 1/120 assuming a 6ft man. There are considerable ranges of 15mm WWII figures already available - check Brookhurst Hobbies website and I like the Peter Pig range.

In Europe there are 1/200 (10mm) WWII and a lot of 1/300 (6mm), personally for WWII I tend to like the 10mm size for larger combats and 1/72 for skirmish (1figure = 1man) games.

Remove ads