RPG Crowdfunding News – Libram of Lost Spells, ASTROPRISMA, Mystic Punks, and more

This week’s tabletop roleplaying game crowdfunding sampler covers projects that end between April 16 to 23.

This week’s tabletop roleplaying game crowdfunding sampler covers projects that end between April 16 to 23. Among the offering is a tome of 5e spells, a solo sci-fi TTRPG, a group TTRPG born out of a solo TTRPG, a mega-dungeon, an OSE pamphlet adventure, and two projects featuring nightmare trains.

The Libram of Lost spells for DnD (5E+ Compatible).png

The Libram of Lost Spells for DnD (5E+ Compatible) from Total Party Kill Games
  • END DATE: Tue, April 23 2024 12:59 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • PROJECT TYPE: Sourcebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $29 for the PDF of the book and the VTT assets
  • DISCLAIMER: Many years ago, I was published by Total Party Kill Games. I am not associated with this project
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Are there spells from earlier editions of D&D that you wish were in 5e? This book promises over 300 spells pulled from various eras and updated to work with the 5e ruleset. In addition, there are new arcane monsters, magic items, quest spells, rules for magic, and more. You’ll get classics like ball lighting, chain missile, cometfall, and more for your 5e gaming table. If you’re a spellhead, Total Party Kill Games promises the restoration of some lost spells that need to make a comeback. For my part, I’m interested in seeing if this book alters any foundational notions from 5e magic. I’m hoping for some cool, “lost” mechanics brought back for 5e.

ASTROPRISMA.png

ASTROPRISMA from Crescent Chimera
  • END DATE: Thu, April 18 2024 9:01 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): An original system
  • PROJECT TYPE: Core rulebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: €70 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of the core rulebook, expansion set, adventure, journal, and poster
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This solo sci-fi TTRPG with anime-style artwork packs in post-apocalyptic, cyberpunk, and retro elements to create a game of galactic exploration. That’s a lot, but the campaign page makes me believe they’ll pull it off. ASTROPRISMA involves exploring a 36-tile hexcrawl star system. The universe is populated with random planets, faction-based quests, and space battles with ship combat. There seems to be a solid beginning and ending to this story as you work through the universe getting more groups on your side. If solo sci-fi roleplaying appeals to you, check out this project.

Mystic Punks Tabletop Roleplaying Game.png

Mystic Punks Tabletop Roleplaying Game from Exalted Funeral
  • END DATE: Sat, April 20 2024 12:59 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): “Based on the solo RPG Mystic Punks: The Collected Edition, the Mystic Punks Core Rulebook builds on the earlier Quickstart Rules, allowing you and your friends to create rich campaigns of cursed intrigue, encounter grotesque monsters, and flesh out bizarre Punks that wield a bevy of mind-bending majicks.”
  • PROJECT TYPE: Core rulebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $87 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of the core rulebook, GM’s screen, adventure, zine, and a patch
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? The mall is under attack! The gas station is being overrun by wizards! Supernatural threats are coming for your ice cream parlor! Only you and your punk pals can stand up for the lunch room and movie theaters as eldritch horrors and low ticket sells threaten all. This project started as a solo TTRPG with a group play quick start added on. With this Kickstarter, they’re bringing a fully realized world of mundane and majick to your gaming table. 250 pages of spells, rules, monsters, and drugs for your punks to save the world with.

The Complete Virgin Mine AD&D 5E Mega-Dungeon!.png

The Complete Virgin Mine AD&D/5E Mega-Dungeon! from Art of the Genre
  • END DATE: Wed, April 17 2024 2:50 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons First Edition and Fifth Edition
  • PROJECT TYPE: Mega-dungeon adventure
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $55 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of Folio #31 and the Complete Virgin Mine
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Art of the Genre is back with a new 1e/5e mega-dungeon wrapped in a Justin Gerard cover. The Complete Virgin Mine collects Folios 26 to 31, under a series of beautiful covers by Justin Gerard, plus 5 mini-adventures and a boss monster. This is a campaign where you’ll delve and encounter monsters, but, worse, you’ll also have to compete with other dungeon divers who want to get into this unexplored dungeon before you do. Monsters, other treasure seekers, traps, the quest for riches, and expert dungeon map await those that dive into this project.

Troll Hunter.png

Troll Hunter, an OSE Adventure for Old School Essentials from Crumbling Keep
  • END DATE: Tue, April 16 2024 10:00 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Old-School Essentials
  • PROJECT TYPE: Adventure
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $5 + S/H for the PDF and print version of the pamphlet
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This is a tri-fold pamphlet that gives you an adventure, trolls, and some online support for OSE. You’re in a town that just got religion in a troll infested swamp. You need to figure out the connection between said revival and the monsters before they take everything and everyone. This one-pager has a hex map, random troll generator, a rumor table, and a dungeon to keep your party going. If you’re a fan of pamphlet adventures and OSE, this may be a fun time for your gaming table.

Last Stop, Perdition!.png

Last Stop, Perdition! from Stiff Whiskers Press
  • END DATE: Fri, April 19 2024 11:37 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG
  • PROJECT TYPE: Adventure
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $20 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of the adventure
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Cowboys, trains, and DCC for the win! This is a 50-page, level 1 adventure for the Weird Frontiers and DCC. Climb onto a supernatural train that takes you to the other side, and prepare for encounters with terrifying creatures found along the way. This book includes maps of the train, which is something good to have for any game with locomotives. If you’re ready to climb onboard, check out the campaign page to learn more about the project, art, and fun to be had.

Horror on the Orient Express- The Board Game.png

Horror on the Orient Express: The Board Game from Chaosium Inc.
  • END DATE: Fri, April 19 2024 4:00 PM EDT.
  • PROJECT TYPE: Board game
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $98 + S/H for the board game, expansion, and the Kickstarter exclusive miniature
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This is not a TTRPG, but it is from Chaosium and based on Call of Cthulhu. This cooperative board game puts you on a doomed train with rules that let you investigate the mystery, develop your character, and provide a visual sense of the world with miniatures, train cars, and more. You’ll control the train’s speed as you move through the cars. Each one has passengers, some sane, some sinister, and some simply trying to get to the next stop. Only your actions can save them, the train, and your sanity. If you want to take the world of CoC into a board game, this project looks fun and reasonably priced, as board games go. If this project interests you, check out the campaign page to download the rulebook and even try the playtest on Tabletop Simulator.

Egg Embry participates in the OneBookShelf Affiliate Program, Noble Knight Games’ Affiliate Program, and is an Amazon Associate. These programs provide advertising fees by linking to DriveThruRPG, Noble Knight Games, and Amazon.

Egg Embry

Egg Embry

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
For the general public and geeks under 40: The spicy cover for the Libram of Lost Spells is almost certainly an allusion to the now-replaced cover of the OD&D supplement Eldritch Wizardry (which covered druids, psionics, and demons).

talien

Community Supporter
For the general public and geeks under 40: The spicy cover for the Libram of Lost Spells is almost certainly an allusion to the now-replaced cover of the OD&D supplement Eldritch Wizardry (which covered druids, psionics, and demons).
Oh that's right, the original was a side view (and less clothes).

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
. . . and the bikini was invented in 1946. But one word explains it here, as usual: magic.

By the way, I love the The Folio's art!

Lalato

Adventurer
Here are the 5e Campaign Setting and Adventure Path crowdfunding campaigns I'm keeping an eye on right now.

Closed and Funded:
Closed:

Open and Funded:
Open:

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads