• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

But... but it's so KEEN...

Pyske

Explorer
I currently DM a weekly game, and play in a bi-weekly game. Yet, I find myself masochistically drawn to running yet another game for my D&D newbie co-workers. I know better, but... I just can't help it. I'm enthusiastic about my plot ideas, my co-workers are cool people, and I've never been able to resist evangelizing newbies into RPGs.

What about you folks? Ever been overly enthusiastic about a game and gotten yourself in over your head? Ever been seduced by that "this is so cool I HAVE to run it" feeling? :rolleyes: :D

. . . . . . . -- Eric

edit: typo

Last edited:

Garmorn

Explorer
Pyske said:
I currently DM a weekly game, and play in a bi-weekly game. Yet, I find myself masochistically drawn to running yet another game for my D&D newbie co-workers. I know better, but... I just can't help it. I'm enthusiastic about my plot ideas, my co-workers are cool people, and I've never been able to resist evangelizing newbies into RPGs.

What about you folks? Ever been overly enthusiastic about a game and gotten yourself in over your head? Ever been suduced by that "this is so cool I HAVE to run it" feeling? :rolleyes: :D

. . . . . . . -- Eric

I not one to say anything but I once DM twice a week and played in 3 other weekly games.

It is best of the three don't have a lot of overlap in feel and/or contents. Your situation sound great. A newbie group, a group to run for and a group to run with. I doudt(sp?) it will much better. :D

Pyske

Explorer
Frostmarrow said:
Yup. And don't worry. If a campaign for some reason ends you have still played it, right? :D

What, you're just gonna leave us hanging like that? Frostmarrow, you tease! C'mon, you know you can't resist the war story instinct... it's inborn in all roleplayers. ;)

. . . . . . . -- Eric

Pyske

Explorer
Re: Re: But... but it's so KEEN...

Garmorn said:
I not one to say anything but I once DM twice a week and played in 3 other weekly games.

It is best of the three don't have a lot of overlap in feel and/or contents. Your situation sound great. A newbie group, a group to run for and a group to run with. I doudt(sp?) it will much better. :D

If I were still in school, I'd love being in three campaigns at once. I'm just concerned that I might not have time once I factor in work and gaming and game prep to, y'know, eat and sleep and stuff. :)

. . . . . . . -- Eric

Skarp Hedin

First Post
eat and sleep and stuff

Ugh, you kids these days. You eat -at- the game (unless you game with nutters, there's gotta be anything ranging from chips and soda to SHARK's patented fine cigars and Bass ales). You sleep whenever you get a few moments. Carpool to the game, and sleep in shifts. Stuff? That's immoral.

Remove ads