CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Lord Zack

Explorer
I think that the First Ones would avoid the Milky Way galaxy. Not just because of John Sheridan's command, but there are legitimate threats to them as well. The Necrons fought the Old Ones in their own universe. The Protoss could also probably also put up a decent fight against the Vorlons or Shadows, and therefore so could the Zerg. The concept of an Infested Vorlon or Shadow ship seems particularly scary.

And Chaos Gods would hate the competition and Daleks want them dead because they want everybody dead and I guess the fact anybody with a Netflix account being able to see what they have done means there's plenty of people who run like hell if someone walks up to them all like a drug dealer and asks them "what do you want?".

Still some individual members that didn't got the memo...

Lord Zack

Explorer
I've been thinking of the Galaxy-class starships seeing use outside of Starfleet, particularly for more domestic roles. A Galaxy-class is basically a city in space, which made it able to handle many roles. However the fact that it initially carried civilians inboard was a liability in missions of exploration. The Galaxy-class can even be converted into a full blown battleship, which obviously is no place for civilians. What if you went the other way, though? A ship devoted entirely to the role of being a mobile settlement. Obviously there would have to be some kind of military presence to defend the ship from threats, but the internal structure of the Galaxy-class ship is meant to be easily repurposed. You could have markets (devoted to things that you can't just replicate), larger docking bays to accommodate larger civilian vessels, repair bays for smaller vessels, restaurants (though the Enterprise already had Ten-Forward) and a host of other civilian facilities. If you don't need interstellar travel, you can just tow a saucer section into orbit or a Lagrange point of a world and have a space colony.

Maybe a few Galaxies welded together as a wandering colony?

There is also the NCC-1701-J... Damn thing is so damn bug that you need teleporters to move around, turbolifts won't do.

Last edited:

kronos182

Adventurer
The Federation does have colony ships, which can be disassembled for the colony..
As for a Galaxy class turned into a pure civilian ship.. if you take a fresh hull being laid, could be worth it.. as long as it stays within safe areas.

I can add the Galaxy to the list.. a long with other ships :p

Lord Zack

Explorer
Been working on a thing: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-zoMQLCdT5CDG7FRPEhrAUWbi70ZOmgvkcVTiWuGbNw/edit?usp=drivesdk

Essentially an alliance/fusion/assimilation between the Bydo from R-Type and the Bacterian from Gradius. Currently something of a background menace, at least in the eyes of Earth, but has the potential to become a far greater threat, especially if they assimilate other forces. I also introduced the idea that the Space Force from R-Type has been absorbed by the New United Nations Government from the later Macross animes.

I also have the idea of a Space Pirate research vessel or station falling to Zerg infestation. Likely the Space Pirates would being trying to weaponize the Zerg, which would backfire like almost any one who attempts to do so. It could be an opportunity to introduce new strains to the Zerg.

Last edited:

Lord Zack

Explorer
I did think of Space Pirates running afoul of the Bydo-Bacterians, probably through an attempt to control them gone wrong, like the Space Pirates often have happen to them. Or perhaps the nefarious Mother Brain willingly allies with them, becoming the living core of a Zebes transformed into an Organic Fortress?

Last edited:

Remove ads