Seven Saxons Questions

Fenris

Adventurer
Hey Wulf,
I finally got around to buying the Seven Saxons (along with Mythic Heroes and many of the other goodies you put up).

I was considering running it as a PbP this summer since I would have a bit more time. But I wanted to use the characters in the back to speed things up. I am looking to run this short and sweet and using the pre-gens would help with that, especially if I get players new to GT. My question was was that legal to post the characters to the PbP boards? I want to do right by you so I wanted to see what I could or could not post. Can I use descriptions verbatum or should I paraphrase? etc. Any guidance here would be appreciated. The adventure rocks so much I want to run it, even though I know it will be a good bit of work.

AlsoI was considering using MH with it, how would you line up the pre-gens with their mythic roles?

Thanks

Fenris

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Fenris said:
Hey Wulf,
I finally got around to buying the Seven Saxons (along with Mythic Heroes and many of the other goodies you put up).

I was considering running it as a PbP this summer since I would have a bit more time. But I wanted to use the characters in the back to speed things up. I am looking to run this short and sweet and using the pre-gens would help with that, especially if I get players new to GT. My question was was that legal to post the characters to the PbP boards? I want to do right by you so I wanted to see what I could or could not post. Can I use descriptions verbatum or should I paraphrase? etc. Any guidance here would be appreciated. The adventure rocks so much I want to run it, even though I know it will be a good bit of work.

AlsoI was considering using MH with it, how would you line up the pre-gens with their mythic roles?

Thanks

Fenris

Heya Fenris--

Just got back from a week vacation-- sorry about the wait.

No problem to just post the character sheets as is. (That would include the description and the illustration.)

When I ran Seven Saxons myself at a Boston GameDay, here's what I used for Mythic Heroes (although it should be pretty obvious...)

Baldric = Trickster
Aelfwyn = Maiden
Sigulf = Mentor
Lanferth = Fated
Olgar = Oracle
Gandrael = Shadow
Torhelm = Hero

If I recall correctly, I wrote/released these at about the same time, and I definitely intended for Seven Saxons to be used with MH. It will play much differently (ie, even more brutal) without.

At the end of our playtest, in the "climactic battle," Osgar was burned to a crisp (though valiantly so, as he chose to get off a blast of lightning rather than flee for safety...), and Aelfwyn was swallowed whole... I killed perhaps one more, so 3 out of 7 died-- and that was with MH boosters. You get the idea.

Remove ads