• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

gave Chuck a second try...

GlassJaw

Hero
After being inundated by previews during Heroes, I decided to give Chuck another try, although Rachael Bilson certainly didn't hurt. I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised. I'm definitely enjoying it a lot more than the first couple of episodes. I actually enjoy the non-spy stuff and character interactions more than the "missions" they go on.

Has anyone else stuck with the show? From what I understand, it got picked for a second season, although the strike is messing everything up right now.

Gab

First Post
I enjoy it. It's fun TV, good entertainment. I get good chuckles from the "nerdy" stuff happening all the time. The show doesn't take itself too seriously, and that's what I like about it.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
I enjoy it quite a bit. The spy stuff is fun and not so serious.
I too really like the character interactions as well, especially between Sarah and Chuck.
This week's twist was quite the shock. Poor Chuck and his emotional roller coaster.

Grymar

Explorer
I haven't seen last night's episode yet, but I do enjoy this series. It and Reaper are very similar, but Chuck has recently overtaken Reaper for my top new show this year.

LightPhoenix

First Post
I'll leave it on before Heroes if I'm home, but it's not "appointment" TV. I'm not really engrossed in it and I'm really only a fan of Adam Baldwin's character. It's fun mindless entertainment though, and if I weren't so busy I'd probably sit and watch it.

occam

Adventurer
I like Chuck, it's a fun show. I enjoy them messing around with the relationship between Chuck and Sarah, and I definitely want to know more about where Bryce is coming from, but I wonder how long they can keep those intrigues going.

Chuck is a lot like Reaper, but unlike Grymar, Reaper is still my favorite new show this year. Tyler Labine is pure fun any time he's on screen, Ray Wise is unbelievably talented and funny, and the rest of the cast is pretty good, too.

Fast Learner

First Post
I've enjoyed Chuck since episode 1, not great TV but always good TV.

I still don't get the similarities to Reaper. Yes, both main characters suddenly have missions each week, but otherwise they're very, very different. The love story in Reaper has the lead in love with someone who's not in on the secret, while the love story in Chuck has the lead in love with someone who's part of the secret. Chuck's family ends up innocently involved in storylines, while the lead in Reaper's storyline effectively has no family involvement, but that they put him in the situation to begin with. Reaper's about supernatural bad guys with a lead who has to solve the problem with the help of his buddies, while Chuck has no supernatural element (and only minor scifi) and is handled by pros while his buddies are clueless (and not in on the secret).

The two shows not only feel different, they are very different.

drothgery

First Post
I never gave up on Chuck; I think it's been a fun little show from the beginning. I mean, sure, it's got Hollywood science and Hollywood spies, but it works.

Remove ads