4th Edition PHB: Clarification/Errata Questions

UrsusTas

LIFER!
After browsing the PHB I have a short list of clarifications and wondering if anyone has any answers/thoughts/obvious oversights ;)

Question 1:
ref page: 222
Oil for a lantern .. Cost? Weight? Missing?

Question 2:
ref page: 156 and 178 and 186
The Skill 'Nature' is listed as (Int) under the Wizard Class Traits on page 156, however elsewhere it is listed as (Wis), ie. 178 and 186 in the skills section, character sheet and 103 ranger class traits ..

Question 3:
ref page: 272
Blast 3 effect .. seeking clarification? is it possible to do an off center blast? ie. are there 8 ways to place a Blast 3 around a Wizard or are there 16?
ex. imagine 0 is an empty square, x is the blast 3 and W is the wizard, is this legal?

0 0 0 0 0
0 x x x 0
0 x x x 0
0 x x x 0
0 0 0 W 0
0 0 0 0 0

Surgoshan

First Post
1) Oil's missing. I'd say you can get as much oil as will burn as long as a torch for the cost and weight of a torch.

2) Go with the section that deals specifically with the skill; Nature is Wisdom.

3) I don't see why not; it's still adjacent.
And you can get greater clarity if you use the {code} tag (replace '{' with '['). It automatically justifies everything for you (ie. all characters are of the same width).

Code:
xxx
xxx
xxx
  w

Mort_Q

First Post
A blast must have at least one square (any one square) adjacent to the origin, but adjacent includes diagonals, so there are lots of choices.

Amurayi

Explorer
Other oversights:

Multiclass Feats table (p. 209) says "Pact Initiate" receives "Eldritch Blast" as encounter power. Text says power assoc. with pact though.

Swordmaster (p. 88): Mentions the At-Will power "Containing Strike" which doesn't exist anymore.

Mort_Q

First Post
IIRC, containing strike became marking. It went from a power to a class feature.

Or I could be thinking of something else.

UrsusTas

LIFER!
Surgoshan said:
1) Oil's missing. I'd say you can get as much oil as will burn as long as a torch for the cost and weight of a torch.

3) I don't see why not; it's still adjacent.
And you can get greater clarity if you use the {code} tag (replace '{' with '['). It automatically justifies everything for you (ie. all characters are of the same width).

Code:
xxx
xxx
xxx
  w

Thankyou, great suggestions :)

Remove ads