Looking for a Story System

Prophet2b

First Post
I was wondering if someone could help me out with this...

I ran across a roleplaying game once that was definitely a storyteller system (not the Storyteller System - but a story system) that did not use die rolls or any real... rules.

From what I remember of it, I think a fairy was on the cover, and the "system" focused primarily on initial character development. After that, it was basically a collaborative story session with one person leading.

This was years ago that I ran across this product, and I have never been able to remember the name or publisher. Just thought it might be worth asking on here since it's been driving me nuts that I can't remember it... :)

Last edited:

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Actually, based on the cover description, this sounds like the first edition of Nobilis, which was a little, digest-sized, book with a cover that featured a fairy-like woman surrounded by white flowers. See the attached thumbnail.

Last edited:

Prophet2b

First Post
Definitely not "Once Upon A Time"... Not Amber, either, however I'll have to look into that one. It looks interesting. Thanks!

I'm 99% certain this one started with an "e" and had a blue/dark purple cover... It's a newer product, I think made since 2000, and obviously not very popular/mainstream, considering how long I've hunted for it and haven't been able to find it.

I know it's a long shot, considering how little information I have on this game, but I thought that maybe, just maybe someone might know what it is I'm looking for.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Prophet2b said:
I'm 99% certain this one started with an "e" and had a blue/dark purple cover... It's a newer product, I think made since 2000, and obviously not very popular/mainstream, considering how long I've hunted for it and haven't been able to find it.

Oh, well, there's only one commercial diceless game printed in English whose title starts with an "e" --Epiphany by BRTC. That said, the color cover doesn't seem to be right (unless the first edition of Epiphany had a darker color than the current edition). Universalis has a dark blue cover in both of its incarnations, however. Neither has a fairy on the cover.

Last edited:

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Could well be Nobilis. Deleria (by Phil Brucato) is also a possibility...

(Edit: Here's the Deleria cover, fyi.)

Attachments

• Deliria.jpg
    Deliria.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Mark Hope said:
Could well be Nobilis. Deleria (by Phil Brucato) is also a possibility...

Well, Deliria does have a fairy-ish image on the cover, though I got the impression that when the OP said "diceless" he/she meant "randomless" not "uses cards instead of dice".

Prophet2b

First Post
Hahaha! Well... I was remembering wrongly. It was Deliria. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I guess 'e' sound like 'd'. And it does have a fairy-ish cover... I guess that's what I was remembering.

THANK YOU! :)

Remove ads