• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rules for setting things on fire?

pollochicken

First Post
Are there rules for setting stuff on fire? My group fights in the forest a lot, and the wizard asked if his fire spells would cause any of trees and whatnot to catch on fire and I wasn't sure. I didn't spot any specific rules in the rulebooks, so I was wondering if anyone knew for sure.

Mort_Q

First Post
I'd say that anything that can do ongoing fire damage could catch mundane trees and whatnot on fire. Miss three saves? More if it's wet, less if it's dry.

Danceofmasks

First Post
Well, I had this issue in 3e where people would do stuff like destroy one support of a bridge or one column holding up a ceiling ...
Then it gets down to guessing if a collapse happens.
It got to the point when I would break out statics equations and calculate forces ...

Umm ..

There are hardly any rules for item/collateral damage in 4e, 'cos those were source of headaches ..
Might be more rules later, but at present, just wing it.

pollochicken

First Post
Thanks for the responses. If it comes up again I'll do something similar to what Mort suggested. I like that a lot more than what I was doing.

Remove ads