Pathfinder 1E Paizo's Map Packs

avin

First Post
I'm willing to buy two of Paizo's Map Packs, unfortunately there's no low res preview at their website so I don't know which is better.

Graveyard, Ruins and Countryside appeals to me... it's just I don't feel safe buying something only for its description.

Anybody around has some small low quality images of them?

Which one would be the best?

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Graveyard, Ruins and Countryside appeals to me... it's just I don't feel safe buying something only for its description.

Anybody around has some small low quality images of them?

Which one would be the best?

Runis looks nice - the ruins are all above-ground and the tiles are bright and distinctive.

Countryside and Graveyard are a mixed bag - some tiles are too dark for my tastes, while others are fine.

I won't post an image, but if you have specific questions let me know (although I'm going to be offline mostly until Saturday).

Treebore

First Post
I like them enough to own all but the last 3 or 4 releases. I'll be getting those too as soon as I can justify spending my spare cash on them.

Kunimatyu

First Post
I think they're crap, personally -- the cardstock is really thin, and the tiles don't stay in one place easily, which makes it hard to set up encounters. WotC's Dungeon Tiles are superior, and (though it isn't quite the same), Paizo/Steel Sqwire's own Flipmats are WAY superior.

Heck, I own the graveyard set and it's been gathering dust for years -- PM me and if you send five bucks to cover shipping, they're yours, avin.

Baumi

Adventurer
I think they're crap, personally -- the cardstock is really thin, and the tiles don't stay in one place easily, which makes it hard to set up encounters. WotC's Dungeon Tiles are superior, and (though it isn't quite the same), Paizo/Steel Sqwire's own Flipmats are WAY superior.

Heck, I own the graveyard set and it's been gathering dust for years -- PM me and if you send five bucks to cover shipping, they're yours, avin.

I have to say the same. I bough all Flipmaps so far and they are GREAT, but I bought only one of the Map Packs and was too disapointed to buy more. The main problem with it is that they are all very small and you have to lay them out like a puzzle before ... not only is this time consuming if they got mixed up before but also to light to stay in place. Also at least the one that I have is to specific to creat different layouts (paths, houses, etc. that goes through several tiles).

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Yes. What about Caves?

I presume you mean "Caverns" - if not, I don't have "Caves" yet. :)

For Caverns, I think they are one of the most versitile sets, unlike most of the line where you pretty much are stuck with putting the tiles together in limited ways.

They are slightly darker than I'd like, but they have some neat areas - like a fungus cave and an underground river (albeit, a small 10-15' river), as well as some lava pits. The set also has narrow stretches and multi-chambered terminal rooms.

Remove ads