My spellplague idea

Ozymandias79

First Post
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]OK, guys, I finally decided to write down my spellplague idea here it is:[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Short version: Prometheus, tower of babel and sodom & gomorrah[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Long ago in the war between the Gods and the Titans/Primordials and the titans/primordials were beginning to lose, a primordial/titan named Promethys foresaw the end of the primordials/titans and went down to earth and search for the mortals so he could give a gift from the titans/primordials so they could remember them and not forget them. He found the leaders of the union of the city-states in place of the first city of the union-cities and he taught them magic as a gift from him and then he left after making sure that his lessons were taught in every union cities. The mortals reveled in the lore of magic and began to study it feverishly and more boldly without regard or respect for anything. In the first city the priest of joven named Aevoss warned against the misuse of magic, that they should be heed and respect the gods but the word fell on deaf ears and he was disregarded. Soon the war the gods fought was over and the deities discovered what the titan/primordial has done and how the mortals had been corrupted by the power of magic and how they openly mocked and defied the gods. then the mortals lighted a pyre of magical blue flames that would be lit for all eternity to fuel their magic. The gods saw the foulness of the fire and caused it to burn the cities, and the country sides, and all the land around for many miles. The territories was turned into a wasteland populated by monsters, oozes, and living constructs. But the curse is still there even today, causing some who are touched by it to develop the spellplague, or affect some of their descendants and of the union cities only one remains, Torne, spared only for the first temple of Joven, but it is a empty city with no population except for the mutated monsters, undead and the ghosts and spirits of the city[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]also I do not have English as my primary language so please excuse any flaw(s) in the text[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Ozymandias79
[/FONT]

ukingsken

First Post
I also really like it. Feels very Greco-Roman which is kind of our vibe here. Not to mention I love the idea of the god's being spiteful and smashing it cursing humanity.

ukingsken

First Post
Well that fits better with our mutability thing anyway while giving players an option to tie there characters who are spellscarred into the world more closely!

Remove ads