Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Unless it has a huge bearing on anything you'll plan on doing let's just go with the map as is. That cool with you guys? [/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Fine by me.[/sblock]"Theyat's raht y'all. Y'all jus' stay heyah weyith lil' ole Eithal, an' layet Garigow dew heyis mayajick." Eithal swings her axe, more to distract than to attack. She's hoping that they'll stay close by her. If she's too threatening, they might pick Grigo as a target.[sblock=Actions]Or at least that's what the dice said.
Free: Mark all adjacent
Standard: Strength of Stone
Target: D45
Attack: 1d20+7 = 11 vs. AC Miss
Move: Shift to L24
[/sblock][sblock=Ritual?]Exactly how long does Grigo need to spend performing the ritual?[/sblock]

Last edited:

On Puget Sound

First Post
Grigo moves into the room. As soon as Eithal is clear of the blast area he sends a storm of tiny shadowy phantoms with sharp claws and teeth into the cluster of taints.

MOVE: to H28

STANDARD: If Eithal shifts back, cast Grasping Shadows centered on L22, targeting all 3 taints.

Rolls

Two of the taints drift upwards out of the area of the blast, but the one directly in front of Eithal is chewed to bits by things that aren't really there (10 psychic damage on drone 79, who cannot fade out)
Any creature entering that zone takes 5 psychic and is slowed.

If Eithal does not back up then instead double move, ending at E23

MINOR: Look for a good spot to start the ritual. How close to the gate do I need to be?

[sblock="statblock"]Initiative +0
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light
Current HP 28/28, temp HP 0. Bloodied at 14
Surge Value 7; Surges remaining 7/7; Second wind: available Orb of Deception: available
AC 15 Fortitude 11 Reflex 15 Will 14
Speed 5
Current status effects: none
Action Points remaining: 1
Illusory Ambush: R10, 1target, +5 vs Wil. hit: 1d6+5, and tgt -2 to atk til EOMNT
Thunderwave: CBL3, all creatures, +5 vs Fort. hit: 1d6+5 and push 2.
Grasping Shadows: BR1 within 10, all creatures, +5 vs Wil. hit: 1d8+5 and slowed til EOMNT. effect: creature entering area takes 5 dmg and slowed til EOitsNT.
Fade Away: self, ImR, trigger: I take damage. effect: I am invisible til I attack or EOMNT.
Flaming Sphere: +5 vs Ref. hit: 2d6+5. Creatures starting adjacent to sphere take 1d4+5. Minor: sustain. Move: move sphere 6. Standard: attack with sphere.
Orb of deception: If an illusion spell misses a target, I can choose a new target within 3 squares of the missed target and repeat the attack with +1 atk.
Basic attacks: Basic attacks are for lesser minds; they are beneath Grigo's dignity.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fragsie

Explorer
//Not sure how long we need for the ritual. Could you amend your turn to shift Eithal back 1 square please H.M. I think Grigo was planning a burst attack on those three Taints.//

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
You think the ritual could be completed in a little under a minute if you could complete it uninterrupted [/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
//Not sure how long we need for the ritual. Could you amend your turn to shift Eithal back 1 square please H.M. I think Grigo was planning a burst attack on those three Taints.//
[sblock=OOC]Done, but Grigo had better start chanting or something.

DM: Repeating Grigo's question: Where does he need to be in order to perform the ritual properly?[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Missed that. F/G 15/16 - somewhere in one of these 4 squares, representing the center of the ritual circle. It is there, leftover from whoever opened the portal. It is however not glowing...yet [/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
Seeing the serpentine spirit acting as a lone sentry in front of the writhing portal, Yimayngurr quickly decides to do what he must in order to reinforce its defensive position. Moving toward the portal, he readies his spear thrower and pauses mid-step to launch his enchanted weapon at the closer drone with a resounding, bubbling cry of "Dbbrrr!" The weapon flies true, but just as it connects with its mark, the fell thing winks out of existence allowing the spear to pass harmlessly through. To Yimayngurr's astonishment and satisfaction though, the spear continues its flight, arcing back to his hand. He catches the spear one-handed, taking 2 steps back toward the portal as he does so.

[sblock="Actions and Rolls"]Move to E24

Fading Strike vs. Drone 60
:ranged:+7 vs AC = 26 hit, Shift 2 squares to E22
Insubstantial Save = Success (1d20=10)[/sblock]

[sblock="Yimayngurr stat block"]Yimayngurr Male Half-Orc Hunter Ranger 1
L4W:pC:Yimayngurr (pacdidj) - L4W Wiki
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light Vision
AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:15, Will:12
HP:22/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:5/6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Fading Strike, Marauder's Rush, Precise Assault, Furious Assault, Sure Shot

Ammo -
Javelin: 5/5

Conditions -[/sblock]

OOC: Do the grates that the blood is draining into look sturdy enough to bear weight?

Remove ads