[Adventure] Murder Most Foul! (Judge: EvolutionKB)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Tirial quickly shoot two arrows at the beholder. The first seems to fly true to the target while the second hit fall in the water.

"OW, you harpy. You'll pay for that.".

"Ha. Serves you right for being impatient." Horan then mumbles some words to a spell of some sort. A glowing quarterstaff with what looks a dark blotch on it appears in the air above Boruuk. It swings at Boruuk, but misses.

"I'll show you impatient." the Beholder replies as an enery ray comes out of one eye and hits Boruuk. "Ha. You missed and I hit."

[sblock=OOC]
Tirial hits the Beholder for 24 and then misses the Beholder.
Boruuk moves forward. At this location, Boruuk can just barely see Horan. Horan has superior cover from Boruuk, Borruk has cover from Horan.
Horan casts a spell at Boruuk, but misses.
Hasifar is surprised.
Beholder shoots Boruuk with an eye ray. Boruuk is Slowed (save ends).
Artemus is surprised.
Knoepf moves forward. At this location, both Knoepf and Horan have cover from each other.

Tirial
Boruuk, Slowed (save ends).
Horan
Hasifar
Beholder, 24
Artemus
Knoepf

Tirial is up. This is round one.

The steps to the right that go up 10 feet require 3 squares of movement to ascend. The steps up to the two lower platforms to either side of the main altar platform only go up 5 feet and require 2 squares of movement to ascend.

The green 20x10 rectangle is the chimney. It is 30 feet off of the ground, 20 feet above the altar platform.

The altar is providing Horan with cover. The chimney is providing the Beholder with cover.

The item in front of the altar looks like some type of bucket or something. The PCs cannot see the brown squares to either side of the altar from where they are standing and the blue colored edges of the wall seem to be some type of murals, but you cannot yet make out what is on them from this distance.

Note: I put in a second side view picture to illustrate the cover situation so that people are aware. As can be seen, Knoepf can see two of Horan's corners, so Horan merely has cover from Knoepf. Boruuk can only see one of Horan's corners, so Horan has superior cover from Boruuk. Everyone can see two of the Beholder's corners, so the Beholder has cover from everyone. As the group gets closer to Horan, moving from square I8 to I9 shifts his cover from normal to superior. In the opposite direction, the square I7 gives the PCs cover from Horan, the square I10 gives superior cover, and Horan cannot see at all into square I11. The black lines are the ceiling, the floor, and the platform.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter7d.jpg
    Encounter7d.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Encounter7e.jpg
    Encounter7e.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 96

dimsdale

First Post
Boruuk roars in anger as he is slowed by spells. He moves as far as he can, then drops his weapon, equips a handaxe and launches it at the beholder. The axe whirls to the right of the beholder and clanks loudly against the wall behind it. Boruuk still feels the effect of the spell after making his attack.

[sblock=actions]
movement: move to i11
free: drop weapon
minor: equip handaxe
attack: throw axe at beholder: 1d20+9 vs AC: 15 miss. There also cover bonuses for the beholder that I didn't account for in the roll.

save vs slowed condition: 8 fail
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Tirial continue to shot his rain of arrow on the beholder, shooting two precise shot at the creature.

"OW, you wench. Now you've made me mad. Boofee, kill them all."

Boruuk roars in anger as he is slowed by spells. He moves as far as he can, then drops his weapon, equips a handaxe and launches it at the beholder. The axe whirls to the right of the beholder and clanks loudly against the wall behind it. Boruuk still feels the effect of the spell after making his attack.

Boruuk falls asleep.

"Ha, ha, ha. Now you've done it. He called Boofee. You will all soon be dead. And the stupid yelling one with the axe just fell asleep." Horan cackles with glee, rubbing his hands together with joy.

The quarterstaff moves with Boruuk and hits the unconscious Boruuk in the arm.

Horan flies through the air, out from behind the altar, and lands on the lower platform. He mumbles some words to another spell, his eyes glows, he points and shouts "Move over here into the water fool." at Artemus, but Artemus easily shakes off the compulsion.

Out of the chimney comes a massive Beholder. This one dwarves the other one. As it flies down, the group notices that it's center eye is cloudly and it has no iris or pupil. The other eyes also look similar. But, its teeth look extremely large and sharp. Even without eyes, it seems to have no problem finding Boruuk and biting him hard. "Uggghhh" it rumbles in a deep, gutteral voice.

[sblock=OOC]
Tirial hits the Beholder for 7 and 8.
Boruuk misses the Beholder. Boruuk falls asleep (save ends)
Horan's quarterstaff hits Boruuk for 5
Horan flies out and casts a spell at Artemus, but it fails.
Boofee flies out from within the chimney and bites Boruuk for 15. It is 5 feet (one square) off the ground at this point.

Tirial 50/50
Boruuk 41/62, prone, unconscious (save ends), slowed (save ends)
Horan
Boofee
Hasifar 46/46
Beholder, 39
Artemus 44/44
Knoepf 42/45

Hasifar is up.

The steps to the right that go up 10 feet require 3 squares of movement to ascend. The steps up to the two lower platforms to either side of the main altar platform only go up 5 feet and require 2 squares of movement to ascend.

The green 20x10 rectangle is the chimney. It is 30 feet off of the ground, 20 feet above the altar platform.

The chimney is providing the Beholder with cover. The wall is providing Horan with cover.

The item in front of the altar looks like some type of bucket or something. The PCs cannot see the brown squares to either side of the altar from where they are standing and the blue colored edges of the wall seem to be some type of murals, but you cannot yet make out what is on them from this distance.

Note: I put Boruuk above Boofee in the picture so that people could see his image and the conditions on him.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter7f.jpg
    Encounter7f.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 91

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"That's one ugly thin'! Uglier than that over there!" jokes the sorceror, and assaults Boofee, sending twisted dreams of chaos into it's mind.

Unfortunately, Boofee seems to be too dumb for simple Will attacks to affect it.

"Ware, they got a spell slinger back there." the Beholder shouts. His center eye looks at Boruuk and Boruuk's body goes rigid. An eyestalk shoots a beam at Boruuk and he goes flying across the floor almost into the water, but his armor catches on the edge of the floor. "Opps, my bad. I almost dropped my toy in the water. HA HA HA HA HA." the Beholder laughs. It then shoots fire out of another eyestalk at Knoepf, but it misses. The Beholder than moves to the other platform and out of sight.

[sblock=OOC]
Hasifar misses Boofee
Beholder immobilizes Boruuk UENT, Beholder slides Boruuk towards the water, Beholder misses Knoepf, Beholder moves away (it is 20 feet off the ground, although nobody can see it except for Knoepf and Artemus whom it has superior cover from)

Saving throw for Boruuk at -2 to not fall into the water, 13

Tirial 50/50
Boruuk 41/62, prone, unconscious (save ends), slowed (save ends), immobilized UENT Beholder
Horan
Boofee
Hasifar 46/46
Beholder, 39
Artemus 44/44
Knoepf 42/45

It's Artemus' turn.

The wall is providing Horan with cover.

[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter7g.jpg
    Encounter7g.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 87

dimsdale

First Post
Knoepf fires a bolt of silver light at big boofee. He then turns to Boruuk "Wake up Boruuk."

knoepf then

[sblock=actions]
minor: none
movement: move to m11
attack: sacred flame vs boofee: 1d20+9 vs ref: 18 for 1d6+7 = 10 and Boruuk gets a saving throw: save vs Unconscious: 11

[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=actions]
movement: move to m11
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
How is Knoepf moving to m11? That's up on the platform. And, it's too far away, even if it wasn't.

Also, PCs cannot cut the corners of the water. Water is an obstacle. The only way to move diagonally across the corner of a water square is to make a DC 10 Athletics check.

I didn't say anything for Artemus since he has +11 to his Athletics roll, so he could automatically move from J4 to I5 with no penalities and still move his 6 squares to I10.

So to move from I9 to J10 directly, a DC 10 Athletics check is required. If one fails the check, then it is a saving throw to avoid falling into the water and the PC would be prone in its starting square. In this case, I9. Knoepf's Athletics is +1.

Just FYI. Knoepf needs to pick a new square to move to if he is moving. He can get to K10 or K11 easily, but not M11. He can even get to L11 if he jumps over the water.

Btw, Knoepf hit Boofee, so Boruuk is no longer unconscious.
[/sblock]

Remove ads