[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Vekhad comes from his writing waving a note toward Brews.
"If members of my house come looking for me, give them this. Tell them I went to help people in need. Thank you."

To Lyrandars:
"I wrote I was taken in by family members not that it was family affair. I hope distinction is discernible. But you must consider that with three of you in the same group it may be hard to make people believe there isn't some hidden family agenda involved.

Iam ready to go."

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Lyrandars]
There are only 2 of us in the group. The remaining d'Lyrandar is not coming with us [/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
"The enemy leader disguised himself as a hostage?" Talkrai said with incredulity. "That's just...why? Did they know you were coming? I've just never heard of something like that."
Appreciative of her interest and clearly in a field in which he feels comfortable, Unit 16 responds, "To gain a tactical advantage. It worked; he moved to our rear and then attacked. I surmise he knew we were coming as to behave that way otherwise defies reason.

Deception is part of any battle. Feints, draws... sometimes exaggerations of strength can avoid confrontation altogether."
From his words it is easy to guess that he has been fighting for a very long time.

LadyLaw

First Post
Talkrai nods appreciatively in response to Unit 16's information.

"It's true that deception can play a key role. The element of surprise as well. I'm familiar with feints, hidden traps, and ambushes. I've just never heard of that level of deception being employed before. Of course, I know about spies, but it's just not something I have experience with. Thanks very much for telling me about it. Now I'll have one more thing to scan for in the future."

She got another thoughtful look on her at kal'Tarron's query.

"Now there's a good question," she said emphatically. "I would assume they didn't, but the question is why. Why do you think they didn't, Susan? Were they unconscious?"

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"The other hostages were further away out of sight." Grys says, speaking for the first time.

"It was extremely odd. Not only were they ready for us, they were ready for us in the midst of a fog. We knew approximately where they were, but they were ready for us immediately when one of our members accidently stepped on a twig. That could have been any animal from the woods doing that, but they seemed to know that it was not. They were ready and waiting to not only ambush us instead of the other way around, but also to do so with the hostage deception. It's as if they could see through the fog. Maybe that was it. Hmmm."

twilsemail

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Apologies for lack of annoying rogue-iness. It’s been a busy weekend.[/sblock]

Pis listens intently as Susan starts, apparently doing his best to picture the scenario. As Susan adds brevity to her tale, he looks a touch disappointed. He remains surprisingly quiet and watches as Talkrai asks some fairly revealing questions. He nods approvingly at the direction and scope of her inquiries. As Susan decides how to answer the remaining questions he adds some of his own.

“Did you have anyone scouting ahead of you? Perhaps your scout was seen. Also, how did he manage to infiltrate your rear ranks so quickly? Should we assume you made freeing him your top priority and he broke away from the melee? That would certainly have been noble of you.”

[sblock=OOC]He’d also ask why you didn’t notice weapons on the hostage, but I think that’s a question you had for the DM as well.[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
The inn's door swings open and in walks a burly man wearing the livery of Morgrave University over his gleaming chainmail. His well-stubbled chin and sunken eyes, not to mention the raincloud of ill-humour that follow him around, seem to speak of an unpleasant hangover. He doesn't waste any time examining the patrons, but rather stalks straight over to the bar and hands Brews a printed notice, muttering a few low words and slipping the bartender a few coins.

With that, he turns to walk out, but stops suddenly as his eyes light upon Jarren. The Shifter has been staring at him intensely ever since he walked in, and now the eyes of the two men meet and for some twenty seconds tense silence reigns between them amidst the hubbub of the room. Then the human looks away with a snort of laughter and approaches the table, slamming one gloved hand down on it as he leans over into Jarren's face with his sour breath.

"You," he drawls with a nasty grin. "Didn't reckon to lay eyes on you again. Those two brothers were falling over each other to hunt you down like a dog, you know. Guess you got lucky. Well listen, tribal: if you, or any of your buddies here, think of showing up on Farrow's doorstep, they'll be scraping you off the street down on Tavick's Landing. You understand? Good."

He pats Jarren's cheek roughly and strides out of the inn, still grinning toothily.

Brews looks after the man with an unreadable expression, looks back at the note and coins in his hand, and gives a shrug as he nails the notice to a post in the middle of the bar. The note reads as follows:

[sblock=EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY!]

PROFESSOR FARROW of Morgrave University seeks capable hands to assist with field research. Academic qualifications unnecessary!

Competetive payment rates, to be negotiated. Possible opportunities for ongoing employment.

Apply in person at Professor Farrow's office in the university district of Upper Menthis. [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Adventure calls! I'm accepting 3-6 people, levels 4-6. I would encourage people who aren't already spoken for by Susan, Ryda and Jarren's group to take this opportunity. :)

NOTE: If you're currently at Jarren's table, but don't want to stick around and wait for the next adventure, don't be put off by that guy's beef with Jarren. If you see him again, feel free tell him you don't even know the guy. ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek, absorbed in his tinkering, has to be gently prodded by Shava and Roswyn out the door. He waves a cheery goodbye to the many patrons. Have fun peoples. Don't die and stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads