So you want to be an ENnies judge...

kinetic

First Post
(But talk to your family or whoever you share your residence with. You need them onside, prepared to put up with deliveries, piles of books EVERYWHERE and your nose in said books when they might be expecting conversation or dinner...)

This is a very important point. I lucked out in that my girlfriend is also a gamer, but my roommate got a little fed up with gaming books cluttering the coffee table, the office, the dining room table... But the supportive voices drowned out his grumbling pretty quick.

I still need to buy another bookshelf.

For any of you that are interested it has been a good time. The staff and other judges have both been awesome and the quality of submissions has been top-notch. This was the first year that I threw my hat in and I'm definitely going for it again next year. I encourage ANYONE that is interested to take a look. You will read through tens of thousands of pages of text and you're going to listen to days worth of podcasts, but if you see that as a bonus rather than a drawback then step right up! :D

Last edited:

JoeGKushner

First Post
I did it the first year when there was relatively little to read compared to years since. It is a job for the self-motivated willing to give up the cumulative equivalent of a couple of weeks' time or more over the course of the year as well as some serious time in the home stretch. Some folks have devoted their vacation for the year to the final process. Whether you wind up going to Gencon or not, though, I think most people who have done the job would agree it is well worth the effort.

Until you move. ;)

Remove ads