Whither Wilderlands of High Fantasy?

Mercurius

Legend
Does anyone know if there are any plans to re-print or update the Wilderlands campaign setting for 4E, or at least re-issue the 3E material? In particular I am wondering about that beautiful box set, which I knew I should have bought when I saw it in a store a few years ago but, alas, now it goes for hundreds of dollars on Ebay and Amazon. I do own the Player's Guide, which is a jewel. But it seems that Necromancer Games is, according to Clark Peterson via Wikipedia, "on indefinite hiatus" which sounds ominous. And with Bob Bledsaw's passing a couple years ago I am wondering if Wilderlands has reached its publishing end. I certainly hope not.

Grimstaff

Explorer
Does anyone know if there are any plans to re-print or update the Wilderlands campaign setting for 4E, or at least re-issue the 3E material?

No and no.

While there are some stirrings on the JG front, none of the announced plans include doing the WoHF again. Good luck finding the 3E box set! :)

Incidentally, the original version isn't too expensive if you can find it - both versions are fairly edition neutral.

The maps are the real core of the setting - you can get those on .pdf for cheap.

S'mon

Legend
Well, I'm 8 sessions in to my City State of the Invincible Overlord campaign - #9 tomorrow! Does that count? :)

I doubt we'll see much new Wilderlands stuff for a long time, but there's tons and tons already out there, eg on ebay, or the downloads on eg rpgnow.com, many very reasonably priced. You should get the free stuff from judgesguild.com (some has already vanished) and judgesguild.net also.

Crothian

First Post
Is the box set hard to get now? I haven't been keeping track as I've got 2 copies. I listed my to trade for a year or so and never got any bites.

Remove ads