NPC reference for Shelter from the Storm

Zinovia

Explorer
Do your players use the reference, or does it add to the information overload?
They use it occasionally as a reference, but I still end up having to remind them of names. I use my version all the time. When I first gave them the sheet I missed taking off some information that was known only to one of the PCs, and thus spoiled a surprise. I had created a NPC by the name of Mednii who runs the bank in Seaquen. Given the way my group is, I was sure they would interact with her many times. Mednii is a copper dragon and the bank vault is her hoard. She usually looks like a copper-haired elf. The sheet spoiled my reveal. I was hoping to surprise the halfling rogue if he ever got the notion to rob the bank.:devil:

GenLang

First Post
There is a squidload (that's the grandma-friendly version) of NPCs in Shelter from the Storm. By my count, there are 19 recurring NPCs and 35 episode-specific NPCs. I love the detail, and it can be a bit overwhelming. To help myself keep track of it all, I made an NPC reference sheet, and I filled in some motivations and roleplaying hints for myself as well.

I can't give any more XP, but wanted to thank you for writing this up. Very VERY useful! :cool:

Remove ads