Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within - Page 858
  1. #8571
    Member
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Aeson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Marietta, ga
    Posts
    14,007
    My brakes have gone from sounding like air from a balloon to one of those party blower thingys.


  2. #8572
    Member
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Roswell,NEw MExico
    Posts
    1,978
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Is the E3 happening now the worst one ever? I've never been so bored watching the coverage. Like, EA somehow managed to bring in a Star Wars game that really does look pretty good and make me not excited for it. Bethesda's entire thing was them patting themselves on the back without having anything new on the table.
    I didn't catch EA,but I watched Beth's and well..did we watch the same thing? They apologized in a round about way about F076's launch, announced a ton of new content for it, then the other studios under Beth's portfolio announced a number of new games. https://kotaku.com/everything-bethes...019-1835362095

  3. #8573
    Member
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)



    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Greater Nashville area, Tenn.]
    Posts
    26,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
    My brakes have gone from sounding like air from a balloon to one of those party blower thingys.
    you need to fix your breaks NOW ! The next sound will be your breaks giving out on you. as in NO BREAKS. This is not a joke.
    XP jonesy gave XP for this post

  4. #8574
    Member
    The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

    jonesy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    5,403
    Quote Originally Posted by trappedslider View Post
    I didn't catch EA,but I watched Beth's and well..did we watch the same thing? They apologized in a round about way about F076's launch, announced a ton of new content for it, then the other studios under Beth's portfolio announced a number of new games. https://kotaku.com/everything-bethes...019-1835362095
    Umm, let's see now. What I said was that Bethesda brought nothing new to the table.

    Fallout 76 isn't new, and we already knew there's going to be a steady supply of stuff coming for it, E3 or not.

    Ghostwire isn't made by Bethesda. Neither is Deathloop.

    Doom Eternal we already knew about (theres's been gameplay videos posted of it for months by players), and they already made the "story trailer" joke the last time.

    Wolfenstein Youngblood had a story trailer two months ago. Wolfenstein Cyberpilot 11 months ago.

    Elder Scrolls Blades for the Switch? The only new part about that is the Switch. The game itself has already been playable for months.

    Scalebreaker and Moons of Elsweyr are expansions for two more or less old games that already have been getting a steady supply of new expansions. We already knew that, just not what they were going to be called.

    I suppose Rage 2 getting an expansion already is somewhat noteworthy.

    And sure, Commander Keen is brand new. But is anyone actually excited for that?

    Edit: I don't know, maybe I'm being overly grumpy, but I've been having serious problems getting excited by any of the stuff this year. Aside from Cyberpunk.
    Last edited by jonesy; Wednesday, 12th June, 2019 at 12:38 AM.

  5. #8575
    Member
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Aeson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Marietta, ga
    Posts
    14,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott DeWar View Post
    you need to fix your breaks NOW ! The next sound will be your breaks giving out on you. as in NO BREAKS. This is not a joke.
    I understand, sadly when I say there is no money, I mean there is no money, for the work. I have no choice but to wait until Friday. Hopefully the brakes will hold out.

  6. #8576
    Member
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Roswell,NEw MExico
    Posts
    1,978
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Umm, let's see now. What I said was that Bethesda brought nothing new to the table.

    Fallout 76 isn't new, and we already knew there's going to be a steady supply of stuff coming for it, E3 or not.

    Ghostwire isn't made by Bethesda. Neither is Deathloop.

    Doom Eternal we already knew about (theres's been gameplay videos posted of it for months by players), and they already made the "story trailer" joke the last time.

    Wolfenstein Youngblood had a story trailer two months ago. Wolfenstein Cyberpilot 11 months ago.

    Elder Scrolls Blades for the Switch? The only new part about that is the Switch. The game itself has already been playable for months.

    Scalebreaker and Moons of Elsweyr are expansions for two more or less old games that already have been getting a steady supply of new expansions. We already knew that, just not what they were going to be called.

    I suppose Rage 2 getting an expansion already is somewhat noteworthy.

    And sure, Commander Keen is brand new. But is anyone actually excited for that?

    Edit: I don't know, maybe I'm being overly grumpy, but I've been having serious problems getting excited by any of the stuff this year. Aside from Cyberpunk.
    if you were hoping for new IPs directly from Beth and not one of the studios under them, then yeah everyone knew going in since they stated before E3 started that there wasn't going to be any news regarding Elder Scrolls 6 or Starfield,so it sounds like you set yourself up to be disappointed.

  7. #8577
    Member
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Roswell,NEw MExico
    Posts
    1,978
    I made a new video

  8. #8578
    Member
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Aeson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Marietta, ga
    Posts
    14,007
    I got a video call this morning. Once the lady saw me she hung up. How rude.

  9. #8579
    Member
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)



    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Greater Nashville area, Tenn.]
    Posts
    26,315
    did you get your breaks fixed?

  10. #8580
    Member
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Aeson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Marietta, ga
    Posts
    14,007
    I did.

Similar Threads

  1. If you enjoy hiking (humor)
    By KnowTheToe in forum *General Roleplaying Games Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Monday, 26th December, 2016, 06:39 PM
  2. Hungry, Hungry Mimics! [SHACKLED CITY]
    By Shawn_Kehoe in forum *General Roleplaying Games Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Friday, 15th September, 2006, 03:55 PM
  3. Hitch Hiker's Guide random thoughts
    By Mystery Man in forum *Varied Geek Talk & Media Lounge
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Friday, 18th February, 2005, 12:15 AM
  4. Hurried Checks
    By takyris in forum *General Roleplaying Games Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Monday, 3rd May, 2004, 05:37 PM
  5. [Hive] How many scrolls could the Hivers scribe if the Hivers could scribe scrolls?
    By Angcuru in forum *General Roleplaying Games Discussion
    Replies: 237
    Last Post: Monday, 17th November, 2003, 10:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •