skills of a inventor

libermortis

First Post
im planing on making a charekter thats going to be an inventor, like Leonardo da Vinci or su song, i have decidet to play a bard, but witch skills would one need to make mechanicl constructions.

the skills i think i need is craft to make cogwheel knowledge engineering, is there anny skills i have missed?

and if there is anny fun feat suggestions thats sort of invetor flavored.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Besides Craft, you'd want to load up on Knowledge skills- math, chemistry, physics, etc.- to have the education needed. If you're lucky, your DM could let you take KS: Alchemy & KS: Natural Science and be done with it.

To complete the package, you'll want to take the appropriate Craft Item feats for the kinds of things you want to make. For "mechamagical" designs, you'd probably want Craft Wonderous Item at some point.

I'm curious, why did you go with Bard as your base class? The Artificer and Wizard are more typical choices to embody this character type.

libermortis

First Post
i chose bard because i played wizard alot and i wanted somthing diffrent, since bard have all knowledge skills and can cast spells so i can get craft alchemy, i dont think a artificer is available, but i will i can talk with the dm about it.

Dandu

First Post
Bards don't make magic items as well as a full spellcaster. Mechanics only gets you so far in a game where most of the fancy stuff runs on magic.

Remove ads