The Maximization System of Epic Level Progression

Kaodi

Hero
This is just something I was thinking of to contrast with Matthias propsed system. The core principle is pretty simple: The best a 20th level character could have in any statistic is the best you can have no matter what your level is.

So, the maximum level you can have in any class is 20.

The max base attack bonus you can have is +20.

The max base saves you can have is +12. Edit: Oops... Given infinite multiclassing, it could probably be more like +31, but I think +20 might be a reasonable limit.

The max ranks you can have in a skill is 20.

The max base hit points you can have is 240 (20 x 12).

The max boost from level gains to a stat you can have is +5.

The max base spellcasting level you can have is 20. If you have a prestige class that adds caster levels, you can allocate to any other compatible spellcasting class you have levels in, even if you gained the excess additional spellcasting levels before you gained the new spellcasting class.

The max you can get in any class ability is what the most optimal combination of classes could have had for that ability. This is meant to cover classes with abilities that stack. Case by case adjudication may be needed for this rule.

I realize this is not quite in line with what monsters are able to accomplish in some regards, but I think it is okay for monsters to work a little differently. The restrictions can apply to what monsters gain from class levels though. That is to say, a monster with 30 class levels in addition to 15 racial hit dice might have the class benefits that were added on top of race benefits max out in the same way.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Small addition...

The maximum bonus you can get from favoured classes is 20 combined hit points and skill ponts.

And optionally, if you used less that 25 point buy, perhaps at each levels 21 and up you can actually gain a point buy point to add to your score until your base scores are at the 25 point buy level.

Last edited:

Remove ads