Do you want to publish?

DSC-EricPrice

First Post
For over a year now I've watched companies form, publish, and drop from the face of the earth. Some might argue that Dragon Scale Counters isn't far from the edge of anonymity itself. Still, I'd like to extend the following offer to any individual or group of individuals who are thinking of self-publishing.

Publish with Dragon Scale Counters LLC first.

Running a business is an IMMENSE responsibility, especially if you decide to incorporate. There are taxes to pay, forms to file, and piles of purchase orders and invoices that never seem to diminish. Screw up once and you could end up paying your hard earned profits to the IRS in the form of penalties. Most of us don't really want the headache of running a business. After all, it is the game we love. For that reason, I'm offering to let ANYONE publish under the Dragon Scale Counters banner.

This is NOT an offer to pay for anything you bring me. In fact, I likely won't ever pay you for anything. Instead, its an offer to use my website, complete with its built-in ecommerce software, to bring your wares to market.

What's in it for Dragon Scale Counters? Very little, and possibly nothing. If you publish through Dragon Scale Counters and sell your new product on our website, you agree to give us 20% of the net price of your product (negotiable). I basically need this to cover web development and order processing expenses. If you publish under the Dragon Scale Counters banner but sell through another vendor, such as rpg.now Dragon Scale Counters doesn't take a single penny from the sale of your product, ever.

That is the offer, pure and simple. If you're thinking of publishing and you arent sure I urge you not to start your own game company. Save yourself from the legal and accounting expenses. Save yourself from the licensing requirements, sales tax, corporate tax forms, and get down to doing what you really want to do - develop material for games.

Together, we can both be successful.

Last edited:

chatdemon

First Post
One quick question:
Are you interested in doing anything with D20 modern or sci fi type publishers? Im very seriously considering doing something along those lines, and id be willing to talk about a partnership deal with you on getting it off the ground if you're willing to stray from the fantasy genre. Let me know either way.

DSC-EricPrice

First Post
Are you interested in doing anything with D20 modern or sci fi type publishers?

Absolutely. I'm finishing up a generic sci-fi/horror adventure right now. If you want to write up something for a sci-fi or modern genre, I'd be happy to carry it. Interested people can contact me at eric.price (no-spam) @dragonscalecounters.com if they have any questions or need to work out the details.

Good Luck.

Remove ads