ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG - a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay retroclone

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Runeslinger is back with another unboxing video! This time, he features the GM Playmat for Zweihander Grim & Perilous RPG

[video=youtube_share;esBYYWGNMwI]https://youtu.be/esBYYWGNMwI[/video]

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Role-playing Public Radio ran a session of Zweihänder Grim & Perilous RPG using the adventure 'Rough Night At The Three Feathers'. Listen in to this hilarious podcast of misadventure!

From Role Playing Public Radio:

It’s been a long day’s travel, and the sun is just beginning to go down as you see an inn in the distance. As you draw closer, you see the sign of three feathers hanging outside, and notice that the place is unusually busy.

Inside, the inn is bustling. servants are hurrying to and fro, and the innkeeper is engrossed in conversation with a scribe who carries a visibly bulging purse. “Welcome,” he says at last, “I’m sorry to have kept you waiting for so long, but as you can see, we have a distinguished guest tonight—the Gravin Maria-Ulrike von Liebewitz of Ambosstein, no less…I hardly know whether I’m coming or going with it all. Now, then—you want a room? What am I saying, of course you do. Ah, excuse me again, I’ll only be a moment.” You wait for another few minutes as he directs a train of servants to the Gravin’s rooms. “So sorry,” he says as he returns to you, “It really is mad this evening.”

This scenario was run by Noah of the Maple Syrup, Blood Money podcast.

https://grimandperilous.com/rppr-runs-rough-night-at-the-three-feathers-using-zweihanderrpg/

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
MAIN GAUCHE - a chaos supplement to ZWEIHANDER Grim & Perilous RPG is coming to Kickstarter in July! Take a look at the cover art, and the back marketing material to get a feel for what's inside:

36420597_2225369837479255_5251432645685936128_o.jpg

CHAOS IS NOT A PIT, IT IS A LADDER.

MAIN GAUCHE is a supplement for ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG – a gritty, dark fantasy tabletop role-playing game. Using this book, you will be able to:

* Add 64 brand-new Professions to your grim & perilous game
* Build fantastic machines, like the Arkwright Cauldron & Rumblebutler
* Easily integrate cinematic, vehicle-based combat into encounters
* Use alchemy & Wytch-science to gain deadly abilities
* Devote yourself as an occultist to one of 13 elder Daemons
* Learn damning Covenant Magick & wield their horrific manifestations
* Make soul-altering pacts to gain Daemonic Gifts of unfettered power
* Build your own unique creatures & NPCs on the fly

Plugging into the core d100 ZWEIHÄNDER experience, this book expands your gaming options with no house rules required. MAIN GAUCHE is suited for running low and dark fantasy games, along with Renaissance and medieval-style adventures. You can also use this book to create your own homebrewed worlds, whether inspired by the works of Andrzej Sapkowski, George R.R. Martin, Glen Cook, Graeme Davis, Robert E. Howard, Scott Lynch, or other ‘grimdark’ media.

With a total of 182 Professions and 300+ spells across ZWEIHÄNDER and MAIN GAUCHE, you now have countless ways to create your own vision of grim characters ready to embark upon perilous adventures.

Embrace the left-handed path of MAIN GAUCHE, where chaos awaits!

This supplement requires ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG to play.

Last edited:

Amazing.

BTW, so you have any kind of Systems License? Have an idea or two for stuff that could be added on (a couple of adventure locations and maybe a Chapbook) independently, but of course I don't know if it's possible to license that out.

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
After Zweihänder Grim & Perilous RPG won the ENnies for Best Game & Product Of The Year at GenCon 2018, we launched another Kickstarter for MAIN GAUCHE!

MAIN GAUCHE is a chaos supplement for Zweihänder Grim & Perilous RPG. We blew the doors off our initial goal in less than 8 hours, and are coming close to our next $40k goal with 23 days to go.
MG.jpg

In addition, we have unlocked the offset reprint of Zweihänder Grim & Perilous RPG as an Add On!
ZWEI.jpgView the Kickstarter here https://www.kickstarter.com/project...gauche-a-zweihander-grim-and-perilous-rpg-sup

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
You heard us right! You can get MAIN GAUCHE - a chaos supplement for ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG - for download at DriveThruRPG or RPGNow!

CHAOS IS NOT A PIT – IT IS A LADDER.

MAIN GAUCHE is a supplement for ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG – a gritty, dark fantasy tabletop role-playing game. Using this book, you will be able to:

• Add 68 all-new Professions to your grim & perilous game
  • Build fantastic machines, like the Arkwright Cauldron & Rumblebutler
  • Easily integrate cinematic, vehicle-based combat into encounters
  • Use alchemy & Wytch-science to gain deadly abilities
  • Devote yourself as an occultist to elder Daemons
  • Learn damning Covenant Magick & wield their horrific manifestations
  • Make soul-altering pacts for Daemonic Gifts of unfettered power
  • Build your own unique creatures & NPCs on the fly

Plugging into the core D100 ZWEIHÄNDER experience, this book expands your gaming options into the realm of chaos and beyond. MAIN GAUCHE is suited for running low and dark fantasy games, along with Renaissance and medieval-style adventures. You can also use this book to create your own homebrewed worlds, whether inspired by the works of Andrzej Sapkowski’s The Witcher, George R.R. Martin’s Game of Thrones, Glen Cook’s Black Company, Myke Cole’s The Armored Saint, Robert E. Howard’s Solomon Kane, Scott Lynch’s Gentlemen Bastards or other grimdark-inspired media.

With a total of 186 unique Professions and over 300 spells across ZWEIHÄNDER and MAIN GAUCHE, you now have countless ways to create your own vision of grim characters ready to embark upon perilous adventures.
Embrace the left-handed path of MAIN GAUCHE, where chaos awaits!

MORE ON MAIN GAUCHE: The Early Acccess PDF of MAIN GAUCHE has everything you need to begin play. While the Creature Creator has been added to the final chapter, the NPC creator has not yet been integrated into this Early Access document, but will be made available in a future update.
We anticipate continued layout improvements for print, clarifying edits and table manipulation, but the content of the Early Access closely resembles what you will see in the retail version. Illustrations and proper layout will follow in the final retail version. If you have seen our layout in ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG, you will know what to expect.

If you purchase MAIN GAUCHE Early Access, you will be entitled to a $15 off coupon for the retail PDF version once it goes live on DriveThruRPG and RPGNow. The retail version will be made available in Q4 2018.

Please submit all errors/questions on our Discord via the subchannel 'main-gauche-errata' (copy and paste this link into a new tab/window) https://discord.gg/yNd6BAA

Mercador

Adventurer
Just got my book a few days ago, it's really nice and packed with content. The author suggested some books in the introduction as the Black Company and Game of Thrones. I would add Steven Erikson Malazan Empire for the gritty atmosphere and I guess I should take a look at Scott Lynch works.

I'm only 10% in but I'm already in love with it. I know why I don't like DnD5E that much and prefer this one; I prefer low fantasy, that's really clear in my mind now.

Remove ads