Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The priest looks coldly at the shouting demon.
"Do not presume to command me, fiend."

OOC: I'm good to go, and glad to see the back of the Oni (well, back from the ground may not be most precise, but let's not dwell on it...

Luinnar

First Post
GM: Well, I would like to keep up the dialogue with Cavallah to help clear up any points or questions you may have. It will transition to the treasure part of the adventure better. ;)

However, I think I have the xp figured out thus far, so if someone wouldn't mind checking my math, here is what I have for xp.

[sblock=XP Summary]

Obsidium Rules Skill Challenge:

Level 8 Skill Challenge level 8 x7 2450xp 350 xp each

Fight 1:
Rolf the Butcher level 8 elite brute 700 xp
Cultist Thug level 8 skirm x 2 700 xp
Drow Swashbuckler level 8 skirm x 2 700 xp
Cultist Thug level 8 minion x 3 264 xp

Fight 1 Total 2364 xp (x2, /7) 675 xp each

Fight 2:
Red Marjorie level 10 elite 1000 xp
Doppleganger Assassin level 8 lurker x 2 700 xp
Veteran Assassin level 8 skirm x 2 700 xp
Death Squad Assassin level 8 lurker x2 700 xp
Razorclaw Stalker level 7 skirm x2 600 xp

Fight 2 Total 3700 xp (x2, /7) 1057 xp each

Fight 3:
Shadow Troll level 10 elite 1000 xp
Troll Shade level 11 minion x 4 600 xp
Gnoll Gorger level 7 brute x 2 600 xp
Gnoll Claw Fighter level 8 skirm x 5 1750 xp
Gnoll Far Fang level 8 art x 2 700 xp
Harpy level 6 contr x 2 500 xp

Fight 3 Total 5150 xp (x2, /7) 1471 xp each

Adventure Total XP per character: 3553 xp

Total RP: 7 RP’s each
[/sblock]
OOC: Approved, congratz everyone!

Do you hand out RP mid adventure like we do in L4W?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: So, is this just continuing from here, or is there a new adventure? W/ all up/down of EN, I'm confused.

FourMonos

First Post
GM: I'm going to extend this one in a part two, but I'll start a new thread for it.

What is slowing down the treasure parcel-ing is that I have a couple questions out there. One of which, and I'll throw it out there for everyone, is what do you do for a character who already has a treasure parcel for this level? (as in they got a treasure parcel for 6 or 7, but didn't have enough xp to level up)

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
Maybe take into account the xp they got for this adventure for their total as well? For instance Rohna already received her lvl 8 parcel on her previous adventure, but got enough xp(+RP) on this adventure to shoot all the way to lvl 10. If that still doesn't level them up, then maybe the RP they got will push them over their next 10RP benchmark for a 1/5th gold parcel so their getting something? I don't know if that helps at all, but there we are.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
OOC: If they don't level up then I don't think you should give them anything. It kind of sucks, but it's just going to make things more complicated down the line as their next DM will have to know that you gave out 2/3rds of a parcel or whatever.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: This XP reward put me flush at lvl 9. I'll spent my 7 RP and 3 RP from DMing to put me at level 10.
[MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION]: that means you can give me a lvl 8 parcel. I have Gold, parcel+3 and parcel+4 left. I'll choose my lvl 9 pacel afterward.

FourMonos

First Post
The trip out of the Depths is much less exciting than the trip in. As Cavallah left the goblin statue behind, the consensus opinion was to take it with the group to show the guards.

At the top of the lift, Milthane the Karrnathi ambassador is waiting with a contingent of Ambassador Guards.

As the group relates the assassination attempt, battle and the eventual revealing of the goblin statue, Milthane's face crumbles into despair. After a moment, he pulls himself together, a cold and icy look in his eyes.

However, when the conversation with Cavallah is related, hope sparks back into Milthane. A quick and hushed conversation between the guard captain and Milthane takes place, after which Milthane addresses the adventurers.

"My friends, I can not thank you enough for already risking your lives. Not only did you save the ambassadors and myself, you came here to try to rescue my daughter. For these acts, the other ambassadors and myself have collected these items to donate to you and your efforts." Milthane indicates a cart with several small chests.

"Those are yours regardless of what happens from here forward."

He steps closer and speaks in hushed tones, "This Cavallah you speak of, he is a powerful oni. And I don't mean physical ability, although rumor has he has plenty of that. Cavallah is the leader of the Daask here in Sharn."

[sblock=Streetwise 15] The Daask, over the last decade, has become a strong crime syndicate, which has carved out a bloody niche in the criminal underworld of Aundair and Breland. Its members are monsters from Droaam, ranging from goblins and ogres to more exotic creatures. Daask primarily operates in slums, ghettos, and other areas where the law is lax and its monstrous forces attract less attention. The Daask has three primary rackets: protection, loan sharking, and illicit alchemical substances. [/sblock]

"He carries a lot of influence. People owe him favors. His connections are rumored to be high up through the country of Droaam. That he didn't know of this assassination attempt, is... well, frankly frightening. That he wants to help resolve this is encouraging.

"I have some connections in House Tharashk. That House has the strongest ties to Droaam since they helped bring the monstrous mercenaries to the last war. If anything came or left Sharn, they will be the ones to talk to. I will need a little time. Please feel free to return to the Tower Shard for the night. I'll meet you there in the morning."

[sblock=Loot!] It took me some time to sort out the most appropriate item for everyone, hope I did okay. If I'm correct, we'll have more parceling do soon! Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't people get a 1/5 parcel amount of gold as well with each item? Included below: (please note the level of the parcel is after the character name)

Rohna 9 ( n ) 4200gp, 840 gp = 5040 gp
Czern 9 ( n+3 ) Amulet of Physical Resolve +3 (12), 840 gp
Malehan 8 ( n+4 ) Assault Boots (12), 680 gp
Alexia 8 ( n+2 ) Laurel Circlet, 680 gp
Venakhad 8 ( n+1 ) Rebuking Chain +2, 680 gp
Chael 8 ( n) 3400gp, 680 gp = 4080 gp
kal’Tarron 7 ( n+1 ) Steadfast Amulet +2, 520 gp

[/sblock]

GM: Please feel free to level up characters and update character sheets. I'll start the continuation aspect of the adventure soon.

Remove ads