ZEITGEIST [Zeitgeist] Party with 3 players

Skooma

First Post
Hi everybody,

First of all, please forgive my language mistakes, English is not my mother tongue. That being said, I would like to ask a few questions about Zeitgeist campaign and the advices I could give to my players w.r.t. their future character class.

I'm planning to run Zeitgeist for a 3-men party (Pathfinder version) and I wonder if some character concepts are less interesting than others in the Zeitgeist settings.

For exemple, i'm not sure if nature-oriented characters will provide a great RP experience to the payer if the main investigations take place in town. That's just an example... I'm not looking for any optimization advices w.r.t combat, I will adapt this aspect if needed. I just do not want one of my players to be frustrated because he chose a character concept that does not fit the investigation/campaign needs from the role playing point of view.

Also, since there will be only three players, if one of them is kind of useless, that could be a problem :)

One of the players will probably go for an investigation-based concept choosing specific archetype of rogue or inquisitor. For what i've seen untill now in the player and campaign guides, this concept will fit well.

If someone can provide more advices, I would apreciate!

nayrelgof

First Post
One of the central conflicts is tradition (fey, nature, druids, skyseers) versus innovation (firearms, industry, steamships). Nature-oriented characters fit well into this debate. I don't see a problem here, so long as they are not played as hermits.

There are a lot of social encounters, so I would recommend that each player have some kind of social skill (diplomacy, intimidate, insight, streetwise, etc.). Do all classes have at least one as a class skill? If not, I'd have the RHC provide enough training to flip one to a class skill.

cattar

Explorer
I just finished up the first part with two players most of the time- a gnome warlock and a halfling bard. The adventure ran great with this group. There isn't a lot of combat, so you don't have to worry about putting a lot of work into re-balancing encounters. The social parts I tend to run more free-form, so skills aren't as big of a deal as role-playing is.

Remove ads