Pathfinder 1E New PF Encounter Manager for iPad: PFTools

ccarlson

First Post
I hope I'm not breaking any rules here, but my first iPad app just got approved for sale, and I'm hoping it'll be useful to somebody besides me.

Please search the App Store for PFTools (I can't post links just yet, as I've only been a lurker here until now).

For the moment, it will help the GM set up encounters before the game commences, and then track initiative order and monster hit points during combat. The version up for sale at the moment includes the monsters listed in the bestiary database from d20PFSRD, and version 1.1 (pending approval) includes the formatted stat-block information.

I created it mostly to scratch two of my own itches (a desire to simplify running combats without pulling too much of my attention away from the table, and a need to learn Objective-C programming), so it may not be as fully-featured as other programs. Still, I'm interested in making it better, with an eye towards keeping the GM's attention where it belongs: on the table.

If there's any interest, I can send out five promotional codes; just respond with some appropriate statement of interest.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I would check it out if given a promo code (heck, I'd probably check it out even without a promo code if it's inexpensive enough).

ccarlson

First Post
It's priced at $1.99. Whether that's too high or too low is up for debate.

I'll get your code out this evening. Thanks for the interest!

Starfox

Hero
I have a friend who is making an initiative tracker for PF; would be nice to compare the options - more likely to happen if you send me a code.

ccarlson

First Post
I have a friend who is making an initiative tracker for PF; would be nice to compare the options - more likely to happen if you send me a code.

That sounds suspiciously similar to "Give my friend free access to what you've done so he can compete with you." With all due respect, your friend should be willing to pay the (meager) price of admission to do some product research.

If, on the other hand, you're considering taking a look at my app and convincing your friend (and other friends--I'm trying to drum up business here, after all!) to buy mine instead of making his own, that's a different story...

Starfox

Hero
That sounds suspiciously similar to "Give my friend free access to what you've done so he can compete with you." With all due respect, your friend should be willing to pay the (meager) price of admission to do some product research.

If, on the other hand, you're considering taking a look at my app and convincing your friend (and other friends--I'm trying to drum up business here, after all!) to buy mine instead of making his own, that's a different story...

What he did was much more meager - just an initiative app. And yes, if it turn out yours does the job better, we might switch. But TBH probably not - doing this is a hobby thing for him.

Remove ads