Pathfinder 1E New PF Encounter Manager for iPad: PFTools

ccarlson

First Post
What he did was much more meager - just an initiative app. And yes, if it turn out yours does the job better, we might switch. But TBH probably not - doing this is a hobby thing for him.

I appreciate the honesty. I'll shoot a code your way via PM shortly.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I tried to post a review on the App store but it said I didn't buy it. Must be because I redeemed a comp code or something.

Anyway, as far as usability, it's already more useful for running a single, ongoing PF campaign than the closest rival I'm familiar with: Tabletop Initiative Tracker (thought that on is free).

Adding PF monsters is quick and easy because of the imported information. And I like the way it automatically adds PCs in the character section to encounters. That's something Tabletop Initiative Tracker doesn't do (as far as I can tell). This wouldn't be useful for running multiple campaigns at once, though, so I cool feature would be the ability to add PCs for the encounter via checkboxes on the popup form you use to collect party initiatives. Then, this tool could be useful for multiple PF campaigns at the same time.

Anyway, it's a nice start. I hope you stretch your programming legs more and experiment with other features.

ccarlson

First Post
And I like the way it automatically adds PCs in the character section to encounters. That's something Tabletop Initiative Tracker doesn't do (as far as I can tell). This wouldn't be useful for running multiple campaigns at once, though, so I cool feature would be the ability to add PCs for the encounter via checkboxes on the popup form you use to collect party initiatives. Then, this tool could be useful for multiple PF campaigns at the same time.

I like the idea. I've never run more than one campaign at a time, but I see how this could be useful to more dedicated GMs.

Anyway, it's a nice start. I hope you stretch your programming legs more and experiment with other features.

Thanks for the feedback!

Lhel

First Post
Good initative, sure there are many which appreciate it. I can't stand iPad, but that's a personal standpoint. Best of luck on your app!

ccarlson

First Post
Good initative, sure there are many which appreciate it. I can't stand iPad, but that's a personal standpoint. Best of luck on your app!

Thanks for the kind words. It's been slow going so far, but that's not too discouraging since, like I said (mostly to myself) right up front, it's done to scratch my own itch.

For anybody still listening: Version 1.1 was just released, which includes a few new features and a couple of squashed bugs. The next version, already almost ready to release, is even better.

mr_eff

Villager
Hey ccarison, I downloaded your app last night. I'm really impressed with it. It's going to help me build encounters really quickly, and the ability to add in monsters is fantastic. I have a couple of suggestions:

1) The ability to sort the opponents list by CR would be cool. Sorting on environment would be good as well.
2) The ability to export an encounter to a PDF (or email). I envision a PDF with the monsters for an encounter with their stat blocks. I realize it's kind of opposite of what you had in mind for the app, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

But I like the app a lot and am looking forward to what you do with it. I was happy to throw a couple of dollars your way :)

Remove ads