Assassination 2: The Lost Children

OOC: My poor warlock! Second to last! Even priest did more damage. Oh, woe is me! :D Missing is no fun. I still hope M1 is standing, that would probably double my damage output, but if not, well, let's hope I'll keep hitting.. [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION]?

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Alexia continues her song, even as she staggers under the warden's blow. Heeding Chael's advise she steps next to Dusk, but not before rending some of the armor of her assailant.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Guiding Strike vs Warden. Hits AC 30 for 15 damage and the Warden takes a -2 penalty to AC until the end of my next turn.
Move: Shift to E20.
Minor: Sustain Wail of Anguish. [/sblock]

[sblock=mini stat block]Alexia Madgearu - Vryloka* Bard 9
*Insight DC 29 to notice she's not human.
Initiative: +4 | Passive perception: 20 | Passive Insight: 22
AC 25 | F 20 | R 19 | W 22
HP: 34/70 | Bloodied: 35 | Surge value: 17 (15 when bloodied) | Surges: 11/11
Resist: 9 necrotic
Speed: 6 | Languages: Common, Dwarven
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
MBA: +11 vs AC, 1d8+3, +2d6 on crit
Powers: Cutting Words, Guiding Strike
Lifeblood, Majestic Word (2/2), Words of Friendship, Essence of Death, Divine Challenge
Shout of Triumph, Ballad of the Zombie King, Unluck
Stirring Shout, Satire of Bravery, Wail of Anguish
Inspire Confidence, Ode to Sacrifice
Performer's Longsword, Laurel Circlet, Screaming Drakescale, Symbol of Scorned Fate

Conditions:

Bloodied

Wailing

[/sblock]

OOC: [MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], Ogre is definitely dead, it took 110 damage and it's companions fell just above 100. M1 is definitely dead, I reviewed the damage taking into account Rhonas attack which I missed earlier. You two together did 62 damage and it was bloodied at 57 so dead. Poor me :) Now let's see if we can do something about that warden...

"Darkness take you all!" screams the warlock cursing the warden and waving his rods toward him. He points black-tipped rod toward the warden, but with his iron one he touches adjacent priest. Immediately, black tip of the rod glows sickly green. The glow intensifies as he calls upon the training bestowed to him by crazy goblin warlock in Sharn.

The bolt flies home, splashing acid and poisonous fumes all around the warden.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Curse W
Free: Fast Hands: Get Darkspiral rod

Free: Use Eldritch Training so the attack deals extra acid damage (2 charges for 2d6)
Standard: Your Glorious Sacrifice vs Fort(Warden); damage; curse; extra damage (1d20+12+2=28, 3d8+7=15, 1d6=4, 2d6=7) add 5 from darkspiral rod for total of: 31 damage and ongoing 7 poison

Even when I hit I deal very little damage: 3d8 = 8!? bleh!

Move: K14, gain shadow walk concealment
[/sblock]

[sblock=Bellegon Stats]
Bellegon Darksun

AURA: 5
CURSED: Warden - Bellegon has +2 to defenses vs these

Initiative +7; Senses Passive Insight 14, Passive Perception 14, Darkvision
HP 36/65 Bloodied 32, Surge Value 16, Surges 7/7
AC 21; Fortitude 17, Reflex 19, Will 20
1 AP
Saving Throws:
Speed 6

Eldritch Strike
Spiteful Glamor
Fast Hands: once per round stash or retrieve item as free action

Cloud of Darkness
Second Wind
Cursebite
Shadow Step
Shared Agony
Life Siphon
Confounding Laugther
Takedown Strike

Your Glorious Sacrifice
Twilight of the Soul
Ring of Pain

Talon amulet - Daily: Minor: melee attacker suffers 1d6 damage 'till the end of the encounter
Knifethrower gloves: Daily : Free Action. When Bellegon hits with a thrown weapon attack he can add +5 power bonus to damage roll
Grand master training (gloves of eldritch admixture): 3/5 charges
Rod of Avernus - Daily: minor action - enemy that ends its turn adjacent to Bellegon takes 5 psychic damage 'till the end of the encounter

Acrobat boots: at-will: stand up as minor

NOTE: current implement setup: accurate rod of avernus +2, accurate darkspiral rod +2
With fast hands I exchange the rods as needed between
accurate darkspiral rod +2
off-hand accurate rod of avernus +2
acurate bloodcurse +1
off-hand non-accurate rod of corruption +1 - this one is useless in this wide map
challenge seeking dagger +1 - this one can be drawn as part of the attack action so OA can look like this: free: drop rod, free: attack with the dagger

[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
GM: You guys are killing me with the posting speed. I was out of town and mostly internet for the long weekend. Let me check some things after work and get things confirmed with damage, death and dying.

FourMonos

First Post
GM: Okay, thanks for the (seemingly unending) patience everyone! Minotaur 1 and Ogre 4 were killed by Chael.

Also: M-1 did not have THP to start the turn as it was outside the aura's range. M-1 did miss Alexia due to the mark. Fixed Chael's HP, I forgot to add in the regeneration.

Updated hero hit points:

Czern Belog (F-14): 49/85; HS 15/15; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Chael: (F-21): 36/76; HS 12/12; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: +2 all defenses (Dusk), bloodied

Dusk: (E-21): 5 THP 30/38 AC 23 F 25 R 21 W 25 Bonus: partial cover, +1 defenses if adjacent to Chael.

Malehan (J-20): 8 THP 40/80; HS 9/9; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: bloodied

Alexia Madgearu (F-18): 40/70; HS 11/11; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Bellagon (H-16): 36/65;HS 7/7; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Venakhad (G-15): 5 THP 58/69; HS 7/8; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Rohna
(D-E, 14-15): 5 THP 63/88; HS 13/13; AP 0; Second Wind; Status;

Also, Alexia and Bellegon hit the Warden. @Neurotic go ahead and finish your heals :)

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION]
You forgot to "heal" Bellegon for 8hp I prevented with Divine Mettle - which means only Chael and Manachan are bloodied, I will keep my heal(s) for the moment.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
GM: Okay, thanks for the (seemingly unending) patience everyone! Minotaur 1 and Ogre 4 were killed by Chael.

Also: M-1 did not have THP to start the turn as it was outside the aura's range. M-1 did miss Alexia due to the mark. Fixed Chael's HP, I forgot to add in the regeneration.

OOC: Ah, too bad. I was hoping that Rohan had killed the Minotaur. ;)

Also, there was no regeneration since Chael was not bloodied before the ongoing damage. I suspect that you forgot her temp hit points and made a slight math error.

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Immediates:
If Rhona and/or Czern would be saved by Bastion of mental clarity, use it, I don't look forward to them hitting me :)

If the above is not used, then use Reverent Mettle to reduce damage by 8 on either Malehan or Bellegon (depending on minotaurs order of actions - I have to wait for the casters)

GM: Sorry Neurotic, took me a second to find that one. I missed it the first time through.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: Best I can tell, all but M2 of the Ms are dead; that leaves the Warden (locked down by Rhona) and Ted (locked down by Chael). So M2 it is
The last ogre dead, the undead knight assaults the remaining minotaur, but at the last minute fumbles.
OOC: Auto fail.

[sblock=Immediate Actions]Sorted in order of importance:
- Steadfast Amulet: (Immediate Interrupt) Czern stunned or dazed w/ a save ends effect; Czern makes an immediate save to cancel the effect. If failed, power not expended.
- Opportunity Action (1/combatant): MBA if not marked and shift or attack not Czern while in aura: +18 vs AC (+20 if slowed/immobilized), 1d10+8 and stance effect; 2 damage on miss
- Opportunity Attack (1/combatant): MBA +18 vs AC (+20 if slowed/immobilized), 1d10+8 and stance effect
- Guardian's Counter: (Immediate Interrupt) If ally w/ 2 sqs. hit by attack that drop them/bloodies and Czern not also attacked: Czern and ally swap positions, Czern becomes target, and can make MBA after resolved; +17 vs AC (+18 if slowed/immobilized), 1d10+8 and stance effect
- Watch Out!: (Immediate Interrupt) If adjacent ally hit by attack that would drop/bloody them: Attack hits Czern instead; he may spend surge afterwards
- Shield Block: (Immediate Interrupt) If adjacent ally hit by attack that would drop/bloody them: Reduce damage by 1d10+6
- Strikebacks: (Immediate Reaction) Non-minion hits Czern and deals damage: MBA +17 vs AC (+20 if slowed/immobilized), 1d10+8 and stance effect
- Unbreakable: (Immediate Reaction) Czern hit by an attack that would drop/bloody him: Reduce damage by 11.
- Shield Block: (Immediate Interrupt) If Czern hit by attack that would drop/bloody him: Reduce damage by 1d10+6
[/sblock]
[sblock=Czern Belog (Defending the Line Stance; Defender Aura]Czern Belog—Male Karrnathi Undead Guardian Knight 10
Initiative: +11, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 17, low-light vision
AC: 27, Fort: 26, Reflex: 22, Will: 20 — Speed: 5
HP: 49/91, Bloodied: 45, Surge: 22, Surges left: 15/15; Unnatural Vitality
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Battle Guardian
Power Strike x2
Guardian's Counter

Defender Aura (active)
Defend the Line (active)
Cleaving Assault
Hammer Hands