Votes: 1 0.6%
  • -

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • -

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Poll closed .

JoshDemers

First Post
Oddly, there are two entries with zero votes -- which means not even their creators voted for them!

Well, OK, but should you really be telling us before revealing the final results? If it's me ... I'm not sure I would want folks to vote for me just because no one else had.

Domino Writing

First Post
I wrote "New Worlds" (it's actually Domino Writing, not Domini). I've been impressed with a lot of the entries - I downloaded and read them all. The ones that caught my attention are the ones that touched on genres that aren't often seen in RPGs, and also those with unique systems for action resolution or character generation.

It's a great selection of games - even the ones that spin off of the d20 system really do bring something new to the game table.

EditorBFG

Explorer
I just finished reading all the entries as well, and I have to say, it is really hard to think of any that didn't bring at least one new and interesting idea to the table, and many had several. I still feel pretty good and competitive about SEVEN DAYS, but I will say there is one other game in particular that has me extremely worried because it is so good (I won't say which yet, because at this point I could really, really use $1000), and which I actually want to run at a con or something at some point. I will also say that I am very glad I don't have to compete against The Sound of Aliens, becaus that awesome/bad photoshop on the first page of Julie Andrews and the Alien Queen had me laughing hard, and would've earned my vote just for that, and was a really interesting game with great looking character sheets besides.

TBRMInsanity

First Post
Good day everyone,

I've been a Freelance RPG developer for close to 20 years. In the true spirit of this competition I developed the Quad system over the 7 days of the competition. Regardless of the results of this competition I will be moving to the next stage of development with the Quad system and I'll be producing pre-packaged races, character lifepaths, and basic equipment. The Quad system is "market ready" as is, but with a little more effort, it will be great. Give my system a chance and I encourage everyone to read through it and even try it out with your local RPG group.

Thomas Boxall

Erik Evjen

First Post
Hello everyone!

Sorry to chime in here within the last 14 or so hours of the contest, but I've been incredibly busy with work, college graduation, and other concerns. One of those concerns being furiously posting on the various social medias about this contest in particular. :)

Eight-Sided Quest is in a bit of a incomplete state, being squished within the two days of me graduating and than the deadline to enter the contest. Of course it uses d8s to resolve all die rolls (no other polyhedrals needed!), and was intended to be very freeform in play. Skills, Feats, and other such things of those nature were intentionally left out of the system, as I aimed to provide as much of the full role-playing experience within the expanse of the d8s and not have it become overly complicated at the same time.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to flesh out example spells and a few other things before the deadline, but I'm hoping that it caught some attention.

Thank you, everyone!

- Erik Evjen

fuzzyhobbit

First Post
I don't have too much to say about my game, Strangers of Fiction. It is supposed to be fun and pulp-y. It has a system that is general enough to support many genres and many kinds of characters or stories. As a GM, I like the idea of running a game filled with characters from other works of fiction. And when players get into a fist fight with Peter Venkman, debate the virtues of Butter Pecan ice cream with the Doctor, or visit the Mars colony and its mutants, they will have an RPG memory that will stay with them. And I think the mechanic of players being able to take control and shift the genre of a scene will make such memorable games even more personal. Thanks.

- Kevin Ohannessian

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
And we're done! Congratulations to [MENTION=6746034]darkcyril[/MENTION], who has won $1000 for Daughters of Lear

Remove ads