Living Plant Dyson Sphere... How a Druid could take advantage.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
I've joined in on a Pathfinder/3.5 game for the last few months and we've taken a Spelljammer twist. the party consists of:
Gnome Illusionist Wizard/Incantrix
Human Bard
Halfling Inquisitor
Elvan Rogue
Orc Barbarian
...and my Halfling Druid with a Tiger animal companion.
everyone is between levels 8-9, I just dinged to 8 last session.

The Gnome has been in possession of a tower that happens to be a Spelljammer ship. We've had it parked as a residence for a while, but now we've flown up & away to coordinates given to us by a god, to what appears to be empty space on the map. We flew to the location, and found a Dyson Sphere (more like a Dyson Swarm, technically) around a star that appears to be one, giant plant, intertwining vines that create a massive space station.

I mentioned wanting to use Speak With Plants and my DM's eyebrows went up, he hadn't considered what a Druid might do. When I mentioned that I wasn't yet able to Tree Stride he smiled and said "Ugh, too bad, you'd be a god on this planet if you could."

And so, I've been contemplating what I Druid might be able to accomplish on such a world. I'll investigate Wood Shape to see if it would allow me to carve rooms into the surface, eventually creating safehouses across the world. I'd speak with the Gnome to cast Permanent Image to make doorways into the safehouses unable to be seen.

In a nutshell, I ask you, fellow Enworlders, what could an 8th level Druid, and this party, accomplish on a planet made of of a single plant organism? All Pathfinder material is a given, plus I can draw from 3.5 stuff with DM's approval.

Last edited:

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Don't think it hasn't crossed my mind.

However, Awaken requires a Will save DC 10+HD of the tree(plant) once awakened. Since a Colossal sized Animated Object (Example given is a ship for size comparison) would be 13HD, that's be a DC 23 Will save.
Now consider the sixe of something that surrounds a sun in it's entirety. This is a plant that can have planets embedded in it's skin. A bit out of my league.

Anybody have The Immortals Handbook to clue me in on Sizes larger than Colossal?

Remove ads