D&D 5E FR Pantheon: Leira

Lalato

Adventurer
Howdy folks... I'm working on a new character for a 5e game... in trying to craft a backstory for a Cleric of Leira, I find myself with very limited knowledge of FR gods. So I went to dndclassics.com and found 2e Faiths & Avatars which I am downloading now. Are there any other sources that might give me more info on Leira? I did see that she was thought dead... but she's listed in the new PHB so I guess she's still kicking or is resurrected.

Anyway, other bits of info... even novels... that might be worth reading would be great. Thanks.

pkt77242

Explorer
Howdy folks... I'm working on a new character for a 5e game... in trying to craft a backstory for a Cleric of Leira, I find myself with very limited knowledge of FR gods. So I went to dndclassics.com and found 2e Faiths & Avatars which I am downloading now. Are there any other sources that might give me more info on Leira? I did see that she was thought dead... but she's listed in the new PHB so I guess she's still kicking or is resurrected.

Anyway, other bits of info... even novels... that might be worth reading would be great. Thanks.

This website http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Leira lists references and sources for their info. Might be a good place to start looking.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Thanks. I had seen that when I searched earlier. Let me know if there are others.

That's pretty much it as Leira disappeared during the Time of Troubles.

I would also recommend searching the Candlekeep forums. Leira is quite popular with some of the posters there so Ed is sometimes asked questions about her.

Actually use "thus saith Ed" and "Leira" as your search terms and you should see most of Ed's stuff.

Lalato

Adventurer
That's pretty much it as Leira disappeared during the Time of Troubles.

I would also recommend searching the Candlekeep forums. Leira is quite popular with some of the posters there so Ed is sometimes asked questions about her.

Actually use "thus saith Ed" and "Leira" as your search terms and you should see most of Ed's stuff.

Thanks for the tip. Looks like a bunch of Ed's comments have been compiled into PDFs, and I don't have time right now to look through them... but I will.

The forums themselves mostly have a bit of back and forth about how Leira's (and the other dead gods) return might be explained (handwaving by Ao... or some deep Leira-based plot).

The 2e book Faiths & Avatars has a great little write up on Leira and her followers though. I'll crib some info from that... Now to decide whether this character should be a Gnome, Halfling or some other race. Who would Leira want as her High Pontiff of Mistical (spelling intended) Secrets? Hmmm...

Remove ads