D&D 5E RA Salvatore interview in Dragon+: the Drizzt series doesn't seem to be ending

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
The previous Dragon+ issue mentioned an upcoming interview with Salvatore about the conclusion of the Legacy of Drizzt series. That caused many of us to think that Hero was going to be the last Drizzt book ever. This issue, however, only talks about the conclusion of the Homecoming series (the latest trilogy). There's no talk about Drizzt ending. And you'd think if it were ending, they would mention that fact. So, for now, it looks like the alarm was premature. Drizzt is here to stay.

Link: http://www.dragonmag.com/5.0/#!/article/112034/102751089

PMárk

Explorer
Honestly from reading the book. Entreri got more focus. Maybe he will get his own series again.

I'd like that. Loved the Sellswords series. Entreri, Jarlaxle and some of the newer characters are just more interesting to me, than Drizzt and co. were lately. Partly because after so much books, it's hard to do anything new with those chars. Partly because I just like antiheroes and shameless braggarts! :D Getting books instead of cancelling them would be great, getting books about them would be doubly so.

Honestly, my main interest in reading the post-spellplague era books from RAS was seeing what would happen with E and J. Drizzt started to became interesting in the last books before sundering, but in the latest books he just seems more and more as an NPC rather than the main character of the story.

Last edited:

Remove ads