Web map of Mystara

Wangalade

Explorer
I am making a web app for Mystara as a final Project for my Geography degree at CSUN. As part of my project I am sending out a survey about the the usefulness of the karameikos map that appeared in the 1981 Expert Set. I just started a new blog where I go into a lot more detail about the project, and plan to continue to log the status of it as I progress. you can find the blog entry at https://42ducktape.blogspot.com or go straight to the survey at https://surv.es/puPpaeiAJrpi7K55b

Wangalade

Explorer
I've updated the map. There are markers with popups for a few locations now. please check it out and let me know what you think. Keep in mind that it is a work in progress, I could still use input on how best to display the data in addition to what data is actually necessary.

Wangalade

Explorer
Finally finished the DEM. From it I was able to generate a Hillshade and then I layered the DEM over that with a 35% transparancy and equal interval color classification.

DEM_small.png

I go into the process in more detail on my blog, and updated the webmap there.

Now I'm working on creating symbols to associate with each location. Hopefully that'll be done by the end of the weekend along with many more locations placed on the map

Wangalade

Explorer
So I've updated the web map with all the settlements, I should be putting a post up detaining the process sometime tomorrow. I have the symbols for castles and keeps ready, I just need to update the locations. Also the symbols have a black background on blogger, I'm not really sure why; the background is transparent if I launch the map from my working html doc, maybe I'll shrink the symbols to make it less crowded. I also added a scale bar.

Wangalade

Explorer
School is over, and I presented my senior thesis on Monday. I've updated the web app, it now has all the different locations in Karameikos. I uploaded the paper to my blog and also a poster map, which you can access through the blog. I also detailed which locations were not placed in the web app in a blog post.
poster.png

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases