D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

TallIan

Explorer
Fistan

Not wanting to simply hide in the fog Fistan heads to the edge to get a glimpse of what they were dealing with.

WIS save: 1d20+4 18

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 12 (15 with mage armour, 17/20 with shield)
Initiative: +2
HP: 44/44 (HD: 7/7d6)
Arcane Ward: 18/18

Offense
Spell attack: +7 to hit Spell DC: 16
Quarterstaff: +2 1d6-1B

Luck: 3/3
Healing Potion

Spells
CANTRIPS (4): FireBolt, Light, Minor Illusion, Mage Hand
LEVEL 1: (2/4): *Mage Armour, *Shield, *Fog Cloud (C), *Thunderwave, Sleep
LEVEL 2: (4/4) *Misty Step, *Levitate (C), *Web(C), Flaming Sphere (C)
LEVEL 3: (3/3) *Counterspell, *Fireball, *Fear
LEVEL 4: (1/1) *Polymorph
Rituals: Unseen Servant (1), Alarm (1), Find Familiar (1), Comprehend Languages (1), Identify (1), Tiny Hut (3),[/SBLOCK]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Ordrar isn't one to take the risks lightly, but seeing the dragon earlier is better than fleeing once everyone is engaged. And the aura of awe of dragons...everyone knows about it.
"Well, here goes nothing!" he thinks as he peeks through the mists.

And of course, this one is so much more impressive and frightening than the wyrmling they fought in the cloud castle it overwhelms Ordrars warrior spirit.
[roll0]

EDIT: I've checked - Ordrar had natural 1 (total save roll 2) against the first one. The big one is actually less scary :D

Last edited:

So besides Harshnag and Tranio, the group is frightened for one minute and will head in the other direction. I'm going to have Harshnag begin combat with it regardless.

Tranio, let me know if there is something (or ten) you'd like to do in the fog while the party recovers.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Don't we get a save each round? Or just a disadvantage and not outright flight

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: We should have the Frightened condition: "A frightened creature has disadvantage on ability checks and attack rolls while the source of its fear is within line of sight. The creature can't willingly move closer to the source of its fear." And get to roll a new save at the end of each of our turns. But of course, it's up to Serious.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tranio listens to the combat taking place outside of the fog.

It is uncharacteristically silent. That's not, good, he thinks. He hears the steps of his companions, and the giant himself, but the din of battle he was expecting is simply missing. It's time to change tactics.

He breathes in, then out, and then prays for the battle to begin, and death to come.

OOC: Round 2.
Tranio drops concentration on Bless, and casts Calm Emotions. Assuming we're all within a 40' diameter circle, we should be fine. Every humanoid can voluntarily choose to fail the save, and be immune to the Fear effect as long as concentration is maintained. (line of sight not required; Tranio is still in the fog.).

Spells left: 3/2/3/1. Concentrating on Calm Emotions: 10 rounds left.

TallIan

Explorer
Fistan

Crippling fear griped Fistan as he glanced out of the fog to see what attacked them but he fond himself suddenly calm. With a clear head he was better able to asses the threat.

OOC: Not too sure of the layout here and our tactical options. I don't want to drop the fog until something better presents itself as an option.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 12 (15 with mage armour, 17/20 with shield)
Initiative: +2
HP: 44/44 (HD: 7/7d6)
Arcane Ward: 18/18

Offense
Spell attack: +7 to hit Spell DC: 16
Quarterstaff: +2 1d6-1B

Luck: 3/3
Healing Potion

Spells
CANTRIPS (4): FireBolt, Light, Minor Illusion, Mage Hand
LEVEL 1: (2/4): *Mage Armour, *Shield, *Fog Cloud (C), *Thunderwave, Sleep
LEVEL 2: (4/4): *Misty Step, *Levitate (C), *Web(C), Flaming Sphere (C)
LEVEL 3: (3/3): *Counterspell, *Fireball, *Fear (C)
LEVEL 4: (1/1): *Polymorph (C)
Rituals: Unseen Servant (1), Alarm (1), Find Familiar (1), Comprehend Languages (1), Identify (1), Tiny Hut (3),[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads