2nd printing of 3.5.

Graf

Explorer
Having recently given up DMing and most of the rest of my group being intent on purchasing the 3.5 books the instant they come out I'm in the enviable position of waiting until the 2nd printing, with its errata. I have no idea how the product cycle (if that's the proper word for it) works. I assume that WotC has printed warehouse full of books and it will probably be several years before they run out.....
Anybody have any idea? Or remember how long it took for the 3.0 books to go into 2nd printing?

JoeGKushner

First Post
I don't remember any errata actually hitting the DMG or MM although the Player's Handbook and some of the Splatbooks got updated rather quickly.

AdvntrGuy

First Post
The date in my Second Printing PH is November 2000. The first was (I believe) July 2000, so I'd bet the timing will be the same. Damn I wish I had the patience to wait five months....

Graf

Explorer
5 months huh? Not bad at all.

To be fair I know of three people with orders in for the whole shibang. And with the SRD it's not like I'll actually be lacking access to the info.

Perversely, now that I'm a player I'm almost looking forward to not being sure about the rules or, especially, the monsters stats.

Last edited:

Olive

Explorer
AdvntrGuy said:
The date in my Second Printing PH is November 2000. The first was (I believe) July 2000, so I'd bet the timing will be the same.

Unless they made estimatesbased on how many PHBs they COULD have sold last time and printed accordingly.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Graf said:

Having recently given up DMing and most of the rest of my group being intent on purchasing the 3.5 books the instant they come out I'm in the enviable position of waiting until the 2nd printing, with its errata. I have no idea how the product cycle (if that's the proper word for it) works. I assume that WotC has printed warehouse full of books and it will probably be several years before they run out.....
Anybody have any idea? Or remember how long it took for the 3.0 books to go into 2nd printing?
Judging by the climate of gamers anticipating 3.5e on this board and on the Wizards' board, there are more gullibles willing to buy the First Printing on that July release date and at GenCon that will guarantee a Second Printing Player's Handbook will be out before the end of the year.

Correct me if I'm wrong. :p

I just hope the First Printing owners realize their dutiful obligation to examine the content of the rulebooks and report to Wizards of any errors and ambiguities, so they can do a properly corrected Second Printing for us patient buyers.

Replace "hope" with "pray."

Last edited:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Hasbro may have WotC up their print run numbers. I wouldn't be so sure we'll see a second printing as quickly as last time. Remember, their sales numbers of the first printing last time shocked all of them and they likely have a better handle on what they might sell. I'd imagine that pre-orders from Amazon and other discounters reflect the large sales numbers they saw last time also. The Players Handbook is the biggest single selling D&D book they have and if they are going to go strong on a print run it will be with that one book.

TalonComics

First Post
I honestly doubt we will see a 2nd printing of the revised PHB this year as the initial release of 3E was just insane in the amount of people who picked it up. 3.5, for all intents and purposes, is just a ramped up new printing as it is.

Btw, the 3E DMG and MM never got second printings as far as I know.

~D

AdvntrGuy

First Post
Here's hoping

that they didn't up the quantity for the first printing. I'd be one of those gullibles who'd have both. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads