(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Sure thing. It takes about a day to hack your way through a 10-mile jungle hex. You can do 2 of them (20 miles) on a canoe in the river. The map doesn't show the waterfalls, but there's about five of them on the trip to Port. They only slow you down if there's trouble (or if you have to carry sick people).

You can pick up any of the paces I've just described by setting a fast pace (checks and consequences, naturally).

Oh, and I should mention, Artus Cimber's smaller canoe is somewhere about 20 miles (2 hexes) down the river from Camp Vengeance. If you want to "steal" it. I think there were a few boats at Camp Righteous, but they needed repair.

Here you go:

CampToPort.png

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I left the mines on the map, because I believe you could see them from the sea. Definitely the one closer to the port. Think of the sicker-looking jungle as "dense jungle" for now. You may notice that I obfuscated the south-east a bit! It's jungle, for all you know.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Thank you. And where are Omu, the ship and the heart on this map?

Oh, right! I guess that's important

Here's your View South from Mbala. This corresponds to the Map that Tarri made. If you take the sea route, Qawasha suggests that you travel toward Omu through the Valley of Lost Honour from Shilku Bay (which is why I left it on the map - the bay being the body of water at the bottom - the Kobold Mountains form a point to the south).

I cut off "Ubtao" a little for the Heart, but you'll see it on the right side of the map.

MbalaView.png

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
You couldn't see Omu from Mbala (the dense jungle in the middle blocked the view) but you could see that volcano in the bottom right. Qawasha assures you that he believes it to be between the volcano and the valley.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Mbala is the ruins on top of the cliff where Nany Pupu lives.

Edit to add: It's somewhere between 20 and 30 days travel no matter *how* you go. The main difference is difficulty.

The ocean voyage from Port Nyanzaru is probably the fastest, and the least work for you, if you can get a boat down the Soshenstar River. With a boat, it's six to ten days. Without, twice that. The Brazen Pegasus, I think it was called, is a fast ship (it goes a hex in an HOUR in good conditions). So it might be worth it, even if it's a tough slog back down the river.

...Assuming the 'Pegasus can be found in Port Nyanzaru as expected.

OTOH, You can check out the Heart and/or the Shipwreck, going the other way. You can speed *that* trip up with a boat as well, crossing the Aldani Basin at 2 hexes a day (or so) but of course, you need a boat.

Sorry about the boat thing. They really wanted your canoe for the sick.

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Ok so I was under the impression we were "close" to the ship, the heart, and close-ish to Omu. After seeing these maps, I see we are quite far.

So, reasons to return to Port Nyanzaru:
- Resupply
- Do research

Reasons to keep going:
- Go to the Heart of Ubta and the wreck of the star goddess. Because if we come back and go around by ship, then those locations aren't "sort of on the way" anymore!

I'm hesitating because in part I have a pretty limited understanding of our supply situation. [MENTION=6899077]EarlyBird[/MENTION] was our quarter master, now I have no clue.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
What made you think you were "close"?

Every time I mentioned the places I said things like:

"Neither were close. It would be a long slog through the very wettest part of a wet land."
(IC Post 1463)

And

"It is about a hundred miles away."
(Referring to the Heart of Ubtao for the first time in IC Post 1310)

And

"Somewhat further away, this time to the south, another oddity could be seen. It appeared to be a sailing ship, but it rested in the tops of some tall trees, over a hundred miles from the nearest sea."
(Same Post)

And more recently than all of those, here in the OOC Post 1102, I said:

"south to Omu. (About a month in the Chultan Jungle!"

I guess there's a good reason to post you a map!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases