(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
So, we should discuss, a bit meta now, as players and GM, what to do next.

Should we press on directly to our goal, or should we meander a bit (to get more magic/xp/clues) before that?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I think even if your intention is to press on for Omu, there will probably be a few interesting things along the way. The adventure is a pretty decent sandbox. I've run it three times now (though not all the way through - in fact, I think you guys might be furthest overall) and no one has done much of the same things.

The way I see it, you have a few choices at the moment, all of which I am indifferent to:

1: Return to Camp Vengeance. I expect you won't bother with this, though you may want to go get your canoe, so maybe?
2: Head directly south. Check out the weird shipwreck. Keep going south to Omu. (About a month in the Chultan Jungle!)
3: Go around the other side of the Aldani Basin (only a little out of your way, a few days at most) and check out the Heart of Ubtao. Then either head straight for Omu, or the shipwreck, which would again, be only a little out of the way. (Maybe a few more days?)
4: If you get a boat, head down either
a) the River Soshenstar and return to Port Nyanzaru. Get the fast ship you came on and take it around to the south side of the peninsula. Then hike for Omu. This way would stop you from having to spend a month in the Chultan Jungle. Instead, you'd spend a week or two getting to the city and another week or so sailing around. Then at least a week in the jungle. It's not really faster, but it's "probably" safer? Depends.
or
b) the River Tath. This would get you to the sea faster than the other river, (Still a week or so) but then you'd either have to take the canoe around the coast (a trip of about another three weeks) or find a ship (which is not impossible and could get you to the closest bay to Omu in a week or so, then another week in the jungle. Ultimately saves you a week.) Maybe.

Qawasha, Wulf, Tarri, and Kasqa would talk about some of the options I've presented here that you might not have known about.

Note: The weeks I have been mentioning are actual seven-day weeks, not Forgotten Realms Tendays.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I'd say we go get paid and then hit up the city. We have used up a good chunk, if not all, of our healing potions already I believe. Also, we may want to research the names of some of these places to better prepare for any dangers ahead.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I suppose it is *possible* to convince Breakbone to pay and release you. He's pretty much lost his mind with the weight of responsibility, but he was a reasonably good man once ( if always a bit tyranical).

You could report to Bol if you did that, too.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I was asking in part on a more meta level. We know we can't do an entire campaign book, it would take us 10 years to finish. So do we want to press on the gas or still have a few episodes?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
On a meta level, I think we should just keep going and see what happens. I mean, I never intended to run this adventure with you at all - we were just going to do the pre-adventure. Trouble is, we all knew the plot-blurb of the adventure, so you all made characters that cared about the Death-Curse. The Pre-Adventure didn't get into that at all (and I got bored of running it myself) so we just went into the "real" adventure.

Don't get me wrong, I've already been levelling you faster than would happen in a F2F game so we can get to the "bigger" places (and I plan to continue that trend). But also, I think exploring Chult has been fun to write, so I'm fine with just keeping going and see what happens.

I suppose if you all feel like advancing along faster, I can gloss over stuff a bit more, but I've been enjoying writing the NPCs. I mean, Nanny Pupu (for example) was fun, even if you didn't really interact with her much.

I dunno, I expect we'll keep playing it by ear. Anyone have any opinions on it?

(That includes you, Ancalagon - did you have anything in mind when you asked, or are you just checking what everyone else is thinking?)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I'm fine taking our time a little bit. We can make more progress if people can just stick to it better(including me :( ). We ran through the first mission rather quickly, even for most PbP I've been in so far.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I'm cool either way. Dellrak is a dwarf and wants to get paid LOL But he can be on task. Given the options, he might think getting paid, resupplying in the city, and then hopping on a boat (*shudder*) at the port might be quickest/safest.

Remove ads