D&D 5E Tomb of Annihilation campaign recaps

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
Here is the latest journal. The group said when they went in that they would explore level by level, but now that they are backstage they seem to have gone down 3 levels without any worries. I wasn't on my best form on that evening, so I made a couple of mistakes - the big one being that I misread the effects of the throne so didn't give Javlin a saving throw. When I realised my mistake I gave him a saving throw, which he succeeded in, so I ruled that he kept the temporary hp but lost the beserk rage.

They are now about 3 levels further down than I thought they would be at this point, so I need to do some good reading to make sure I am familiar with what they might encounter in the next session - especially level 5 which seems really complicated.

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7499846/days-115-116-deeper-into-danger

Nebulous

Legend
Here is the latest journal. The group said when they went in that they would explore level by level, but now that they are backstage they seem to have gone down 3 levels without any worries. I wasn't on my best form on that evening, so I made a couple of mistakes - the big one being that I misread the effects of the throne so didn't give Javlin a saving throw. When I realised my mistake I gave him a saving throw, which he succeeded in, so I ruled that he kept the temporary hp but lost the beserk rage.

They are now about 3 levels further down than I thought they would be at this point, so I need to do some good reading to make sure I am familiar with what they might encounter in the next session - especially level 5 which seems really complicated.

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7499846/days-115-116-deeper-into-danger

Sounds like a good time. My group is so, so far from any of the Tomb, we are still crawling around Omu.

Nebulous

Legend
So far we have spent 8 sessions and 16 hours in Omu, and there's a whole bunch left. I really love this ruined city, it feels like a terrifying deserted place of unexpected horrors.

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
I found it very much the same. The tomb itself is even more scary where death really does lurk around every corner and a single wrong move could spell doom. For instance, an accident in the session last night led to 64d6 damage (that is not a typo).

muppetmuppet

Explorer
I am almost ready to start. Assuming my group survives the final boss attacking Myth Nantar first session will be in 3 months or so. Thanks for the session summaries they are fun to read and will provide ideas.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases