• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotBS The cover that never was

Skimming through old emails, I came across this sketch that was intended for the cover of the final adventure of War of the Burning Sky. If I recall correctly the announcement of D&D 4e happened right around the time we commissioned this piece, after which our sales took a hit and we went on hiatus to reexamine our release schedule. This apparently was a casualty of that break, since it never made it to a final piece.

I'm not even sure if the artist, Jeffrey Koch (who did the cover for adventure 7 of WotBS - The Trial of Echoed Souls), is still doing art. So this is just a piece of trivia, of what could have been the cover for The Beating of the Aquiline Heart.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Aquiline-heart.jpg
    Aquiline-heart.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 591

Lylandra

Adventurer
I really dig sketch art and this one is really beautiful.

And looking at this version of the Flamebringer Dragon, I'm somehow getting major Red Phoenix/Blue Dragon (Suzaku/Seiryu or Zhu Que/Quing Long) vibes. Ah the nostalgia :)

Remove ads