Thank You EN World Columnists!

I wanted to take the time to thank the unsung heroes of the columnists program.

I wanted to take the time to thank the unsung heroes of the columnists program.

thank-you-5077738_1280.jpg

There will be plenty of time to look back on the wreckage of 2023 and the choppy seas ahead for 2024. But for now, I’d like to just take a moment to thank all of EN World columnists. Columnist work isn’t glamorous—it’s grinding out articles on a regular basis, week after week, and tolerating my sometimes-erratic shuffling of the schedule to accommodate the news cycle, our budget, and front-page space.

Listed in alphabetical order are our regular columnists, and I’m honored to work with them.
  • Brimmels (D&D Coverage): Beth ably covers Dungeons & Dragons content, often in real time. When she’s not doing that, she’s writing exhaustive reviews of the latest D&D product. I so appreciate her able reporting and balanced coverage of the game we all know (and mostly) love.
  • Charles Dunwoody (RPG Print News): Charles transitioned from one of our occasional contributors to ably fill the role of our RPG Print News columnist. He also takes the time to interview indie publishers, and has a great appreciation for the old school gaming movement. His advice articles are a shining light on sometimes overlooked creatives.
  • Corone (Peregrine’s Nest): Corone is an industry insider who is incredibly generous with his knowledge, and that’s what makes his advice column, Peregrine’s Nest, so valuable. His exhaustively thorough coverage of great games and great ideas is a treasure for any gamer starting out, or taking a second look at a game they might have missed.
  • Dawn Dalton (Paizo Coverage): Dawn took over our Paizo coverage and has one of the rare “instant news” beats where we publish whatever she products as soon as we can. Dawn does a fantastic job of staying on top of a very dynamic company.
  • Egg Embry (RPG Crowdfunding News): Egg is a writing dynamo. He’s single-handedly contributed the most articles of all our columnists and is our elder statesman at this point, conducting interviews and writing weekly summaries of our RPG Crowdfunding News. Egg unfortunately can’t cover everyone, but his keen eye for great campaigns and love of the underdog makes him so critical to the success of our program. Nobody can cover an industry quite like Egg can, and as a game writer he’s EVERYWHERE.
  • Lew Pulsipher (Worlds of Design): I’ve told Lew personally that his Fiend Folio and Dragon Magazine contributions were extremely influential on my own campaign of Welstar (Imix was a major villain, I incorporated the Time Lord class). Lew’s perspective, as a gamer who “was there” and a professor who has voluminous knowledge of military history, is an important reminder of D&D’s wargaming roots and how much the game continues to evolve. It’s always fun to see M.T. reference Lew’s Dragon Magazine articles … and then link to the legend himself!
  • M.T. Black (Dragon Reflections): M.T.’s awesome Dragon Magazine retrospectives are a monthly hit, and he never fails to deliver. We’re up to 73 issues and still going strong!
  • Robert Adducci (Adventurers League Coverage): Like Dawn, Robert just joined this year and has begun covering Adventurers League news. We look forward to even more from him in 2024 with the new edition nigh!
Please note this list isn’t complete; we have other freelancers who write for us occasionally as well and I thank them for their contributions.

Finally, thank YOU. EN World isn’t like other publishing sites – the thriving forum community means every article is actually the beginning of a discussion – and without your insights, corrections, and criticism of my (sometimes dramatic) RPG Evolution editorials every week, we wouldn’t be where we are today. As the program's managing editor, please know how much I appreciate your support and, when I screw up, your tolerance.

By all accounts our writers are going to be VERY busy in 2024. I hope you can help us begin the year strong by following our columnists on EN World and even better, sending them a note to let them know how much you like their articles.

Thank you all for your support and Happy New Year!

Michael Tresca

Michael Tresca

Thank you, Talien! As a TTRPG journalist, it's fun to write about projects and talk to the creators here. As a gamer, I come to EN World to read about the industry and stay informed. Thanks to you, Morrus, Darryl, Jessica, all of my fellow columnists, and all of the individuals that make EN World (and EN Publishing) a NAT 20 sorta place to be! Looking forward to 2024!

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads