"Stream of Many Eyes" -- WotC To Announce New Storyline In June

On June 1st, WotC will be hosting a three-day streaming event called the Stream of Many Eyes. Similar to previous events, it will feature comedians, actors, and streamers, as the new Dungeons & Dragons storyline is unveiled.

On June 1st, WotC will be hosting a three-day streaming event called the Stream of Many Eyes. Similar to previous events, it will feature comedians, actors, and streamers, as the new Dungeons & Dragons storyline is unveiled.

DcIHjxiUQAAwxIJ.jpg-large.jpg

Here's the full press release:

On June 1 – 3 2018, D&D will bring tons of Twitch streamers, actors, comedians and D&D luminaries to the Stream of Many Eyes, a three-day livestreamed extravaganza full of cosplay, crazy sets and amazing stories. During the Stream of Many Eyes – #SOMEDND - the D&D team will unveil the new adventure story coming this year and showcase extraordinary D&D live play entertainment, and it will all stream live on twitch.tv/dnd.

The Stream of Many Eyes starts at 4pm PT on Friday, June 1st, with a visual tour of the studio led by host Anna Prosser Robinson and a roundtable conversation with the D&D team on the new storyline and what makes it so exciting. Dungeons & Dragons will then present live D&D play sessions with Force Grey & Dice, Camera, Action.

On Saturday, June 2nd, the livestream kicks off at 10 AM PT with Sirens of the Realms. Saturday’s games will feature well-known D&D gaming group Girls, Guts, Glory as well newer groups Rivals of Waterdeep and Dark & Dicey, all previewing content from the new story. The entertainment will run all day, wrapping up at 7 PM PT.

Four groups will perform on Sunday, June 3rd, beginning at 11 AM PT and streaming until 8 PM PT. Games will include members of Critical Role, High Rollers, Force Grey and the entire cast of Dice, Camera, Action performing together in costume for the first time.

D&D fans around the world can watch all the excitement unfold on twitch.tv/dnd, and on Sunday only, fans in the Los Angeles area can buy tickets to watch one of the live games in person. The live ticketed experience includes a curated set tour, live performances from musicians, dancers and stunt-people, food trucks, a D&D pop-up store full of merch, and of course some of your favorite gaming groups.

Check out the full schedule and buy tickets at dnd.wizards.com/some. Tickets are limited – so if you’ll be in the L.A. area on June 3rd make sure to grab them quick! Check out the D&D website, follow D&D on Twitter or subscribe to the Dragon Talk podcast feed for all the latest updates and for interviews with our special #SOMEDND guests.

You can read more here.

Ah, thanks. No wonder I didn't find it because:
[sblock]I dropped off Twitter after being harassed last fall, so I didn't even think to check that platform.
Of course, even if I had I imagine that "clue" would be pretty buried by all the new people using the hashtag.[/sblock]

[sblock]That sucks about being harassed. I despise Twitter, too, and never use it.

I just figured if there was a hashtag, they’d probably use it. [/sblock]

Yaarel

He Mage
So Nathan Stewart has made a couple comments on twitter and on the twitch news thing today that are interesting.

"Hey Mike, did you already spoil my planned spoil thing for today? "psionics" and "getting a good sense" seem really close to clues."

https://twitter.com/NathanBStewart/status/991423157553713152

Then he just referenced it again during the news segment that he thought Mike doing psionics during his show was gutsy since he knows the release schedule. He implied again that Mike was risking spoilers. And even said that doing psionics on his show was 'flying a little close to the sun'

And the way he said sun, made me think Dark Sun.

Anyway, might not have anything to do directly with the adventure. But, man, Stewart has dropped hints more than once about things that seemed related to Eberron or Dark Sun.

Shrug. We'll see I guess.

AD

P.S. Mind you, I wouldn't put it past the guy to throw red herrings

Can someone link to the show or chat, where Mike Mearls is discussing psionics?

Yaarel

He Mage
I didnt realize, toward the *end* of Happy Fun Hour, after talking about the ‘disaster barbarian’, Mearls talks briefly about psion as a wizard archetype.

The fact Mearls is talking about a down-and-dirty stand in for psionics, suggests to me, official psionics is happening no time soon.

Magic.

I was kinnnnnddddaaa hoping for a bit more of the specific details. I'm a 2e/Spelljammer veteran, but I never had any of the Skullport material, and I've never heard of any other Spelljamming ports that weren't accessible to the sky. Now, there might be some, as it's not one of my areas of expertise, but based on what I do know it just stands out as a big :confused:

thekittenhugs

First Post
I didnt realize, toward the *end* of Happy Fun Hour, after talking about the ‘disaster barbarian’, Mearls talks briefly about psion as a wizard archetype.

The fact Mearls is talking about a down-and-dirty stand in for psionics, suggests to me, official psionics is happening no time soon.
He's said (officially and unofficially) that psionics will happen with Dark Sun, where it has the most story importance. He also said the psion wizard is a proof of concept that is not intended to even be playtested, simply to show that the psion--as its own class, the mystic--is necessary, as the core rules of 5e cover far too little of what psionics is expected to do.

Remove ads

Remove ads