WOIN What are you doing / what hooked you about WOIN?

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
I've been a fan of WOIN since it first came out. Haven't had the chance to run it, mainly beause everything I can think of doing requires the ability to create custom vehicles. Most of my setting ideas include Mecha's of various types. Lately I've also been interested in using it for a TMNT game, which N.O.W. will easily help facilitate.

My one problem with it is the book N.O.W. I haven't got the physical book yet, but the pdf of it is mostly black and white interior, and this is super disappointing. When ever other production in this game line has been full color, getting a core book that's mostly B/W is just unexpected and left me a bit bewildered. If the physical hardback is the same than it makes me question why it then costs the same amount of money as the other two core, full color books.

Also, where are the good vehicle creation rules. I really had thought that they'd have been put in N.O.W. and they aren't there.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I haven't got the physical book yet, but the pdf of it is mostly black and white interior, and this is super disappointing. When ever other production in this game line has been full color, getting a core book that's mostly B/W is just unexpected and left me a bit bewildered. If the physical hardback is the same than it makes me question why it then costs the same amount of money as the other two core, full color books.

Hey Stacie! I'm a bit confused -- it's not a black and white book; it's full colour. We went with a "gun metal" modern theme, but there's very little black-and-white art in there. I just glanced through it to check I wasn't hallucinating, but it's colour art other than the occasional spot piece.

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 23.52.12.png

Also, where are the good vehicle creation rules. I really had thought that they'd have been put in N.O.W. and they aren't there.

The vehicle rules are pages 110-123. They're in full-colour, too! :)

I'm sorry you're disappointed. We put our heart and soul into this. Disappointing you was not the plan.

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
I see the color that's color, but everything else to me is just a grey. It's not like OLD or NEW where all the highlighting of things had a colored sheen... blues for NEW and Golds/Yellows for OLD. This is just greys on greys and grey on white to me. I don't know if what I'm saying makes sense, and I'm just one person. If everybody else really likes it and only one person doesn't, then you did a good job. I guess I was just hoping for greens or reds as the thematic color of this particular book. That's my fault.

I was wrong about the vehicle stuff. I guess you spoiled me/us with how amazing the starship creation book was. That was amazing. I guess I was just hoping for something similar about all other kinds of vehicles that can be used in other eras and tech levels.

Aside from the color for me, I really like the content. How you did martial art styles as careers was genius. How mutant powers were simplified to fit WOIN, also really cool. Lots of new careers. And the World Creation chapter at the end is really really good. This book has the better rules for us to make customized things like heritages (species and races), careers, organizations and npcs. Great content overall.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Sorry you didn’t like the colour! We felt the gun metal theme of NOW complemented the blue of NEW and the brown of OLD. We nearly went with a military green, but settled on the metallic theme.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases