Season 8 Changes (Adventurers League)

rczarnec

Explorer
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/news/changes-dd-adventurers-league-rewards

This outlines the changes coming for season 8 including checkpoints and treasure points. Certain problematic items are being removed from all characters and faction items will no longer be available (though the ones that are already on characters can remain).

There is an option to take slower advancement if you feel that the checkpoint system advances too quickly.

Last edited:

gyor

Legend
I wonder if AL realized they made the Gods Wee Jas, Anubis, The Undying Court, Hades, Hephaestus, Reorx, Onatar, Goibhniu, Hector, Erythnul AL legal (all these gods are mentioned in XGTE). Vulkoor the Scorpion Drow God from Eberron is AL for the Forgotten Realms as well. SCAG Hecate, Math Mathonwy, Solinari, Lunitari,
and Nuitari, Bobccob, Vecna, Wee Jas. Was this intentional or an accident. Are they Canon FR gods now?

Last edited:

gyor

Legend
I suspect they forgot new Cleric Domains outside of the PHB as well as Zealot Barbarian listed example Deities, but by raw are now FR legal. Oops.

Also being a member of a faction did not used to require the faction member background, so this will likely mess up more then a few characters.

gyor

Legend
Also noticed they changed the rule that restricted Clerics from domains that their deity didn't have, now you can use any domain with any god as long as both are from a legal resource. So I could play a Trickery Cleric of Solinari (extra irony points, Solinari isn't even supposed to have clerics in the God's own setting of Dragonlance, the moon magic gods of Dragonlance are served by the 3 colours of wizards instead).

rczarnec

Explorer
It is going to be interesting for Wizards given the lack of money for characters under this system. It is going to be tough for them to copy spells.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
You get a set amount of gold every time you level up, increasing every tier. You can still copy spells, but you'll have to budget for it carefully.

Volund

Explorer
I'm stoked that my two T4 characters with Mithral Splintmail +1 will each get 12 treasure points immediately. Plate armor +3, Staff of the Magi, I hear you calling.

CapnZapp

Legend
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/news/changes-dd-adventurers-league-rewards

This outlines the changes coming for season 8 including checkpoints and treasure points. Certain problematic items are being removed from all characters and faction items will no longer be available (though the ones that are already on characters can remain).

There is an option to take slower advancement if you feel that the checkpoint system advances too quickly.
I still don't understand the allure and usefulness of abstract boring treasure points over cold hard gold coins.

(Except, of course, that it finally lets WotC off the hook in creating a workable magic item economy)

CapnZapp

Legend
Regarding magic story items (discussed at the end): dp they still function for the group? Are they still kept (held, worn) by any given party member?

Or are they effectively a achievement label only? The text goes out of its way to not answer the question clearly.

Remove ads