D&D 5E Is something wrong with Coyote Code?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
[ roll]1d20+5[ /roll]
[ roll]2d6-3[ /roll]

You can roll a die and add a modifier. That's about it.

Also if you put more than 5 or 6 rolls in the same post, they sometimes completely fail to roll at all. Likewise, you cannot "preview" a post with rolls in it. The very first time you "save" is the only time rolling dice works.

If you access enworld via the tapatalk app, the rolls do not show up for some unknown reason.

If you ever edit the post after rolling you will see [ roll0] and [ roll1] in place of the above rolls.

I've noticed that the tapatalk app doesn't work with the roll sand that is frustrating. Anyway, let's do a few test (but not too many). I think the way to do this would be to have a post with the rolls only, and a post with the text describing what you do (or attempted to do). That way if you need to edit the text, the rolls post is left alone.

[roll0]
[roll]1d8+6+1d8[/roll]
[roll]1d6+3+3d6+2[/roll]

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Ok well the last one I really mucked up the formating, and I can't go back and edit. I wonder if it's the roll or the number?
[roll]1d10+4+1d6[/roll]
This would be a eldritch blast with hex
[roll]1d6+3+3d6[/roll]
a thief's sneak attack

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I have no idea about contacts.

It looks like you can't add additional dice, so you'd roll sneak attack like this:

(This is how I'd do it, anyway)

[roll0] for [roll1] damage and [roll2] sneak attack.

(That's

[ roll=Rapier]1d20+5[ /roll] for [ roll]1d6+3[ /roll] damage and [ roll]3d6[ /roll] sneak attack.

... without the spaces after the square brackets.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Anyway, let's do a few test (but not too many). I think the way to do this would be to have a post with the rolls only, and a post with the text describing what you do (or attempted to do). That way if you need to edit the text, the rolls post is left alone.

There's actually a thread in the Meta subforum where you can test the ENWorld dice roller: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?340379-Test-the-dice-roller

The first post also gives some explanation about how to use it, although it appears changes have happened over the years to what you can and cannot do.

Remove ads