Do you want Greyhawk updated to 5e?

Do you want Greyhawk updated to 5e?

• Yes! Greyhawk should be updated to the current edition.

Votes: 92 56.4%
  • No! That sounds like a terrible idea.

Votes: 40 24.5%
  • I refuse to answer polls that value my opinion.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other (will explain the comments why I can't answer yes or no to a yes or no question)

Votes: 24 14.7%

• Poll closed .
Ok among:

• World of Greyhawk (1980)
  • World of Greyhawk (1983)
  • Greyhawk Castle
  • Greyhawk Wars
  • From the Ashes
  • Greyhawk Return of the Eight
  • Greyhawk Players Guide
  • Greyhawk The Adventure Begins
  • Greyhawk city
  • Iuz the Evil
  • Vecna Lives
  • Die Vecna Die!
  • D&D Gazetteer
  • Living Greyhawk Gazetteer
  • Expedition to Greyhawk Castle

Which ones are good and which ones aren't worth it? Which ones overlap?
If "Greyhawk Castle" is what I think it is (i.e. WG7 Castle Greyhawk), definitely do not get it. Depending on your investment in the setting, it is either a comedy adventure that is deeply unfunny, or a deliberate insult aimed at TSR customers and/or former TSR directors.

I've never seen a copy of Greyhawk Wars, but it is a boardgame so probably not what you are looking for.

From the Ashes burns down the setting of World of Greyhawk 1983, creating the setting of (Living Greyhawk) Gazetteer. Never seen that one either (too expensive on ebay for my taste) but I find it quite intriguing.

Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk is published by WotC but is basically a Paizo love-letter to the city and castle of Greyhawk. I like it a lot, and there is tons of lore scattered about it, but it is primarily an adventure not a sourcebook. (Also, it's an incomplete adventure, as the ruins of Castle Greyhawk are way too big to put in one book; it needs a bit of work from the DM in order to run it.)

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I still run my S&W games in GH but honestly I'm not really interested any any 5e update of the setting and honestly wouldn't buy it unless it had some drop dead gorgeous map that I need up on my wall. Not into cramming Dragonborn, tieflings, or stuff like that in the setting. Maybe I'm a bit conservative with my D&D gaming but that's fine with me. I've got 3 editions of GH materials and I'm still gaming in CY 576 currently, low summer, so I've got more than enough.

smbakeresq

Explorer
If "Greyhawk Castle" is what I think it is (i.e. WG7 Castle Greyhawk), definitely do not get it. Depending on your investment in the setting, it is either a comedy adventure that is deeply unfunny, or a deliberate insult aimed at TSR customers and/or former TSR directors.

I've never seen a copy of Greyhawk Wars, but it is a boardgame so probably not what you are looking for.

From the Ashes burns down the setting of World of Greyhawk 1983, creating the setting of (Living Greyhawk) Gazetteer. Never seen that one either (too expensive on ebay for my taste) but I find it quite intriguing.

Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk is published by WotC but is basically a Paizo love-letter to the city and castle of Greyhawk. I like it a lot, and there is tons of lore scattered about it, but it is primarily an adventure not a sourcebook. (Also, it's an incomplete adventure, as the ruins of Castle Greyhawk are way too big to put in one book; it needs a bit of work from the DM in order to run it.)

Advocacy of piracy/IP infringement is not permitted here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads