• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC WotC Looking For A New D&D Producer?

WotC is advertising for a new Executive Producer - D&D, which it describes as "head of D&D TRPG, runs the D&D TRPG business unit and P&L at Wizards of the Coast".

WotC is advertising for a new Executive Producer - D&D, which it describes as "head of D&D TRPG, runs the D&D TRPG business unit and P&L at Wizards of the Coast".

1200px-Wizards_of_the_Coast_logo.svg.png

I'm not sure how that interacts with existing positions -- Mike Mearls is the D&D Franchise Creative Director, and Nathan Stewart's Twitter bio indicates he's VP, D&D Franchise, and in response to a question on Twitter whether somebody was leaving, he said "I can answer that. Nope. D&D team is growing."

Here's how the job is described:

The EP, head of D&D TRPG, runs the D&D TRPG business unit and P&L at Wizards of the Coast. They bring business insight and creative leadership together to develop D&D’s table-top product offering and grow its audience and revenues globally.

The EP leads the internal TRPG Studio and a multi-disciplinary team of game designers, editors, art directors and graphic artists, producers, product managers and marketers to build and bring to market compelling table-top RPG experiences that continue and expand on the successful tradition of the D&D Brand.

You will be leading role at Wizards that regularly participates in executive discussions and decisions related to the D&D Franchise. The EP is a top-tier publishing executive with a strong sense for creative vision, innovation, execution perfection, consumer satisfaction and leadership through encouragement.

Requirements include a degree, and experience leading creatives and product management.

ParanoydStyle

Peace Among Worlds
I mean, in a world where I had a ring of three wishes, I would totally wish myself this job...but honestly, while I really don't say this often, I think I'm probably underqualified. I mean, I'm absolutely certain I'm way underqualified in terms of what they want to see on paper but I also actually think I'm probably under-qualified in terms of push-comes-to-shove ability to do the job at this point. This is probably (one of?) the only job in the TTRPG industry I'd say that about.

Yeah, I can't imagine how many gamers and small-time creators are applying for this position that's way high-level and will have a huge amount of analyzing dollars and cents, and selling financial projections for executives.

Not a fun job (IMHO), but a powerful role indeed.
Anyone With experience in min-maxing 3E or pathfinder characters should be able to pick up that kinda job quite fast.

Remove ads

Remove ads