ZEITGEIST Zeitgeist - The Titan Box

Zipster

Explorer
Reading into the last book there is a small section about The Titan Box. Everything about it makes it seem more important than it is. It's kept in Drakr for some reason, and has engravings of all the Fey Titans on it. It is delivered in a way that makes it seem like strings had to be pulled. Its arrival seems like it's supposed to be very important and unlock great a great secret or magical item. Instead it's a note from Heid - showing that it has been opened recently, a map and a brochure. The information that can be gleamed from the brochure implies that Heid knows that the Voice of Rot and Speaker of the Snow are one in the same, so this information could be written in the note.

Is there something I'm missing about this seemingly unimportant box? Is this just some odd over dramatic gesture from Heid?

Why is it in Drakr anyway?

And if there are no real answered and this thing is fairly mundane... Let's think of a way to make it better and have some significance.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
My favourite bit about the box is that Heid makes no reference whatsoever to the fact that he just met the PCs in Cherage at the end of the last adventure (and was most likely saved by them).

Still, I enjoyed it, melodrama and all.

The . . . like, metaphysical explanation I think I had in my head was that in the New World Order you can teleport anywhere you've been, and since the box is tied to Risuri's land due to its connection to the Fey Titans, Heid basically thought really hard at it, until he believed that he *was* the box, and he-as-box willed him-as-box-self to teleport back to Risur, because it was the only way to get a message to the PCs. I guess he couldn't just cast *sending* because he's not a wizard.

Zipster

Explorer
Okay, I definitely didn't pick up on Heids weird teleportation trick in the letter until you mentioned it. I find that pretty amusing, but it still doesn't say much about any significance of the box itself

arkwright

Explorer
I remember treating it as a coded request for help. "Hey, the Vsadni are after us, maybe with this you can decode some hints as to their background and who's powering them." Of course, I also had Heid bring it up at the Cherage conference.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
I remember treating it as a coded request for help. "Hey, the Vsadni are after us, maybe with this you can decode some hints as to their background and who's powering them." Of course, I also had Heid bring it up at the Cherage conference.

I had Heid mention that he was off to another philosophical conference in Northern Drakr and left it at that. The biggest problem is that because the PCs have met him since the Great Eclipse, they can ‘send’ to him, and he to them. If I were to run the AP again, I would leave Heid out of the conference in Cherage. Give him a reason to use the box trick and stops the players phoning him every 5 minutes like mine did!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases