Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana Compendium PDF

gyor

Legend
Wrong. WotC have not given away the copyright, whether for free or not. Giving away copies of a work does not constitute giving away the copyright. The right to distribute those copies remains with the copyright owner. The OP does not have permission to redistribute the material.

By claiming the right to distribute the material himself, he is attempting to seize the copyright. It isn't his. He has stolen it.

But, it's not my problem if you don't understand that.

Copyright isn't a thing, an object, its a social construct.

Hussar

Legend
I always love these copyright discussions. It's stunning to see how little value people place on other people's ideas.

Not that copyright is perfect. I personally feel it's too long, to be honest. Life of the owner+10 would probably be a decent length, IMO. But, it's also a pretty complicated issue.

Sadras

Legend
@BoldItalic or anyone else knowledgeable on the matter.
1. If the OP had to put it on the DMs Guild would that be ok or is it an issue because it is a full-on copy paste scenario?
2. So say someone wanted to redo the any chapter of the PHB or DMG, but was going to use parts of the book as written but still put it up on the DMs Guild, is that an issue?

BoldItalic

First Post
1. If the OP had to put it on the DMs Guild would that be ok or is it an issue because it is a full-on copy paste scenario?
2. So say someone wanted to redo the any chapter of the PHB or DMG, but was going to use parts of the book as written but still put it up on the DMs Guild, is that an issue?

The phrase "feet not touching the ground" comes to mind.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
UA material is specifically excluded, though they have put some playtest material on DMs Guild to let people iterate on it (Artificer, Mystic)

Remove ads