Eberron to get it's own season 8 AL campaign around the time Dragon Heist is released

dave2008

Legend
The problem is, there is no *rule* that actually says a nonpolytheistic religion counts as ‘gods’.
Is there a rule that requires a polytheistic religion? If so, am not familiar with it.

Xanathars Guide, a supplement, has a note that in effect invites the DM to consider religions that revere a cosmic force or sacred philosophy. However, if the DM does so, the DM ceases to play official D&D and is defacto homebrewing.

Several posters have pointed out that XGtE and the PHB list things other than gods that grant divine domains. That would make them RAW, not homebrewing.

The core rules must become more subjective, diverse, and open about the many different kinds of religious views, before it is able to meaningfully integrate worlds like Eberron, Ravnica, and Darksun, into a supersetting.

Really? That seems like a bit of hyperbole. Could the rules be more subjective, possibly. I guess I look at like all the rules are subjective, so it is a non-issue.

In addition, [MENTION=284]Caliban[/MENTION] answered your question about AL (post #10), so I assume you are all good now?

gyor

Legend
It sounds like all of the settings will be completely mixed together. For example, Crawford mentioned archfiends from Forgotten Realms invading Eberron.

Forgotten Realms elves will be learning Eberron elves religions. And visaversa.

There will be peas all over the mashed potatoes − and mashed potatoes smearing all of the peas.

Where did Jeremy mention FR archfiends invading Eberron?

Henry

Autoexreginated
There will be peas all over the mashed potatoes − and mashed potatoes smearing all of the peas.

You know, Shepherd’s Pie is a delicious dish. :)

Other than the polytheism question you mention, are there any other specific conflicts you have found?

Heh, a great analogy (though I'm of the same mind as Henry on Shepard's Pie).

I think the trick will be how the gravy deals with the admixture. If we get FR fiends invading Eberron as part of some over-arching plot/adventure/season, that could be some delicious gravy.

Forgotten Realms elves will be learning Eberron elves religions. And visaversa.

How does this work technically?

Certain rules in the Players Handbook contradict the Eberron setting.

Since Adventurers League is strictly legal (rules-as-written), how will they reconcile the rules?

For example, some of the religions in Eberron lack gods, and all of the religions in Ravnica lack gods (discounting certain archfiends). Strictly speaking, the Players Handbook cleric class makes these settings illegal.

Will Adventurers League officially address these and other discrepancies?
I believe that you're incorrect here: Nothing in the cleric class makes cleric deities that don't involve actual gods illegal. There are several right there in the PHB. I can't find anything that would be causing those issues in the PHB.

I think that you might be confusing the game term "deity" (the divine force from which a cleric gets their power) with your out-of-game interpretation of it meaning "a god".

Remove ads